spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rickd80
join:2001-08-22
Cobourg, ON

rickd80

Getting to the Bottom

Ok lets try to see what's going on here and get the facts together so we can see things that are common if any.First from what i have been reading on the posts is there have been big speed problem in 6-7 different cities,towns all in and around the same time .The problem's sound very similar to each other.What do these areas share or have in common are they sharing a node,router or switch

In my case the splitter cogeco is using in my set up is good grade the tap outside to witch i am directly hooked up to is a 15N could be a little higher.

It's in perfect working order i even got new cable.I know this because i have tested it (had a friend from Rogers come visit and brought out his gear).As far as my computers go they all have the problem and are working fine .As far as bandwidth goes (reason i say this is i was reading in a post someone made mention to the pro package may eat up bandwidth)i have the tier 1 package similar to the pro anyway the bandwidth issue is a non issue because cogeco can have all there customers down load 100 mb s at the same time and they can all be on 4Mbs download and the system would handle it.People don't understand what a backbone that cogeco has and how much bandwidth they really do have even if they cap or tune it down its still there.From what i was told Cogeco gets bandwidth from Rogers and Rogers gets it from AT and T and At and T is using a 100MB line I think the problem is in the way it flows to the people and i think it could be a switch thats faulty but not dead

Just my opinion

zedsdead
Premium Member
join:2000-08-24
Burlington, ON

zedsdead

Premium Member

The only actual connection we have to Rogers is direct peering, we buy our transit independantly.