uniqs
Anon00
Premium Member
join:2001-09-25
USA

Anon00 to LiQiCE

Premium Member

to LiQiCE

Re: ATTN! Cox HSI is setting transfer limits!

I would get in contact with your local office then. Could be just a mix-up... Who knows. 2Gigs a day.. Sheesh. Why don't they cut off a nut sack while they're at it.

2kmaro
Think

join:2000-07-11
Oklahoma City, OK

1 recommendation

2kmaro

Before going on, take a couple of blood pressure reducing pills, and once those kick in, read this paragraph closely:
»support.cox.net/custsup/ ··· l#aup_13

The key sentence is here: "...You must ensure that your activities do not improperly restrict, inhibit, or degrade any other user's use of the Service, nor represent (in the sole judgment of Cox) an unusually large burden on the network itself...."

I've never seen the numbers for bandwidth use in writing before. Long ago in the days of @Home, I pushed for a definition of heavy bandwidth usage and at that time I was told (verbally by Level 2 tech or above - not sure) that the limit was 500MB data flow total per day on average ... which works out to about 15GB/month. I was told that people going over the limit once or twice once in a while weren't bothered, that it was only people who continually exhibited "excessive" usage that received such warnings.

Based on what I was told way back then the stated limits of 30GB/7.5GB month seem reasonable (and an improvement from the @Home days). And seeing that some other services have limits as low as 12GB (big to-do about that one about 18 months ago in another forum) the 30GB again doesn't seem out of line.

I would suspect that the most likely culprit that you wouldn't be aware of would be uploads from your filesharing applications -- might get a tool like DU Meter and see what your traffic flow actually looks like. Without some numbers to toss back at them, you don't have much to fight them with other that bluster and bluff.

untroubled1
Redneck Dawg
Premium Member
join:2001-12-21
Omaha, NE

1 recommendation

untroubled1

Premium Member

The key sentence is here: "...You must ensure that your activities do not improperly restrict, inhibit, or degrade any other user's use of the Service, nor represent (in the sole judgment of Cox) an unusually large burden on the network itself...."
------------------------------------------------------------
#1. That's what the caps are to prevent isn't it?
#2. I never get "MAX" transfer anyway since "THE CHANGE"
#3. Overselling causes a burdon to the network.
#4. I pay for "ALWAYS ON"--Do You get it? I don't!

Just what I have observed. I post newsgroups but half of my posts get lost, lol. I do capture and share a few CMT videos with friends. Me BADDDDDDD...
Replies welcomed...Untroubled in Omaha