spc
Search similar:

uniqs

coloro
join:2000-04-16
Spain

coloro

ZA Pro registration: always pending...

I've installed ZoneAlarm Pro 1.0 -currently v1.0.111- on W2K, and it never registers itself, as any self-attempt is self-blocked by the own program: 'ZoneAlarm has blocked access to update.zonelabs.com...' I tried giving the program both connect and server permissions, but without success. On W98SE the program registered itself despite I used the same configuration than that I use on W2K! I didn't upgrade from W98SE to W2K, but I made a 'clean' fresh installation.
Any help?
Thank you very much!

bluebaron2
Stuff Happens
Mod
join:2001-02-01
North of 44

bluebaron2

Mod

Coloro:
It's a known problem with Zone Labs registration server. I received the e-mail below when I asked them about it.
quote:
Thanks for your mail.

The pending registration message has nothing to do with the functionality of the product or your ability to use it.

We appreciate your patience while we work out some technical issues with our registration server.

Best regards,
Zone Labs Support

coloro
Spain

coloro

I thank you for your answer. I think that this may not be the problem I'm experimenting: In my case, ZoneAlarm Pro actually prevents itself from registering, as everyday I can see on the 'current alerts' window a 'ZoneAlarm has blocked internet access to update.zonelabs.com' message, so the try to access the registering server is blocked in my own system by ZoneAlarm itself...

bluebaron2
Stuff Happens
Mod
North of 44

bluebaron2

Mod

Forgive me if I ask you about things you have already done, but The "clean fresh installation" your talking about is that an installation of W2K or ZAP? or perhaps both? I know there are "glitches" that can occur if you try and re-install ZAP over an already existing version. Things can get corrupted and it is generally best to remove all traces of ZAP from your machine before trying to install a newer version. I am a W98se user and so can't help you with issues along the W2K line, I'm afraid. But there are many others here that can.
This is a link to the Zone Labs help page dealing with registration issues, in case you haven't tried this yet.Found Here
I case you haven't tried removing all of previous versions this is a link to a previous thread where this issue was discussed. Click here

I have never heard of Zonealarm not letting itself out... If it is any consolation the program itself works just fine even though it isn't registered or can't be registered yet. The fact that it is blocking itself shows it is working, although not as you may wish.

coloro
Spain

coloro

Dear Bluebaron2:
Thank you once again for your interest on my troubles.
By "clean fresh installation" I mean deleting and re-creating the hard disk partition, HD formatting, OS installation and ZAP installation.
I've clicked on the link you provided me -so kindly- and I've also tried the steps I found on the corresponding page, but no success so far.
We in Spain say -it's actually in Galego dialect- "eu non creu nas meigas, pero haberlas haylas" meaning something like "I don't believe in witches, but of course they do exist...".

bluebaron2
Stuff Happens
Mod
North of 44

bluebaron2

Mod

coloro:
So sorry you still have your problem. But as I said I really don't know about W2K and so if that is where your problem is stemming from .....Well, I certainly don't want to give you any bad advise, but if ZoneAlarm Pro is not listed in your Blocked Program list, I really don't understand how it can be blocking itself. However there are "Good Magicians" over at the Support Desk at Zone Labs who just may be able to exorcise your "witches" for you. Drop them an e-mail. They have responded fairly quickly to inquiries I've made on a couple of occasions. Good Luck , hope it gets fixed soon.

Inktomei
The Rice Eating Machine
join:2001-02-02
Dallas, TX

Inktomei to coloro

to coloro
Just curious, do you happen to have Service Pack 1 for Win2k installed? I've had the same problem before where I would have some minor glitches here and there after I installed Win2K Service Pack 1. Even with the patch provided by ZA it still wouldn't work. Is this your case? Just wondering.

coloro
Spain

coloro

Yes, it is. W2K Service Pack 1 was installed before all this began...
coloro

coloro

At last! Here is the solution: just apply the patch that ZoneLabs offers on this link:

»www.zonelabs.com/product ··· tch.html

This updates ZAPro to version 1.0.122, that almost instantly registers itself after installing it and rebooting the system. If you've applied before the Australian 'mutex' patch, you must first unload ZAPro from memory, delete ZAPro.exe and then rename back ZAPro.exe.back to Zapro.exe!

bluebaron2
Stuff Happens
Mod
North of 44

bluebaron2

Mod

coloro: That is good news that you have fixed your problem. But you'll have to forgive me if I don't get involved in this thread any more than this. I've had my fill thanks. LOL.

see this-