spc
uniqs

Cineflan
join:2001-12-05
Huntington, WV

Cineflan to dsless

to dsless

Re: WV Sound off

Huntington here. Using Adelphia PowerLink, and generally get anywhere between 1.5 and 3Mbps. My only complaint is that uploading is securely throttled at 128k. Well, that and the fact that their Usenet feed sucks and their mail server often goes down for several hours PER DAY, and when it does the messages bounce with "user doesn't exist" errors.
dsless
join:2001-05-16
Pittsburgh, PA

dsless

I am from Huntington originally and lived on east pea ridge. Could get DSL or Adelphia. Adelphia was just finishing their upgrade when I moved. I now have Adelphia of Red House, and we just got Digital Cable (after almost 5 years). No official word yet on PowerLink for are area. The Nitro CO now has a DSLAM unit installed(pretty sure). But I am 2 far for DSL.

ediblet1
Premium Member
join:2001-01-01
Nitro, WV

ediblet1

Premium Member

It's in Nitro now and they are offering service. A bit pricey as compared to Charter though.
dsless
Pittsburgh, PA

dsless

Any chance of them putting a remote CO up my toward Poca? I will not hold out hopes for Adelphia. They couldn't find K in keyboard.......... Thanks, Rob.

ediblet1
Premium Member
join:2001-01-01
Nitro, WV

ediblet1

Premium Member

No new offices planned and they don't seem to like the idea of remote DSLAMS.
dsless
Pittsburgh, PA

dsless

said by ediblet1:
No new offices planned and they don't seem to like the idea of remote DSLAMS.

Who could I talk to about the possibility of this? How about a G.Lite services?
Thank, Rob.

Marilla9
I Am My Own Arbiter
Premium Member
join:2002-12-06
Belpre, OH

Marilla9

Premium Member

Vienna, WV here (near Parkersburg) and just switched about two months ago to Verizon DSL, which I love. We finally had to dump Charter Pipeline due to network and local-office support troubles lasting, oh, a year. DSL's working wonderfully so far.