Premium Member
join:2001-03-30
Chatham, IL

2 recommendations

IGGY9

Premium Member

Announcing the ZoneAlarm forum

It's finally here!! You asked for it & now you have finally got it!!:D:D

"Announcing the ZoneAlarm User Community! Zone Labs is proud to unveil a new online discussion forum for users of the free product ZoneAlarm. We invite ZoneAlarm users to stop by, ask or answer questions, and get to know other users. This is a special preview look at this new community; we'll be linking to it from our Support pages in a few days.

To check it out, go to
»www.zonelabs.com/store/c ··· _agreeme
nt.jsp We hope you enjoy it!"

" Note that the link I'm using below goes to the "license
agreement" page, which, ideally folks will see before they get into the forum proper."

The direct link to just the forum is »forum.zonelabs.com/zonelabs

CalamityJane
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Eustis, FL

CalamityJane

Premium Member

That is GREAT News. Thank you, Iggy!!

Lurkers inc
Don't Call Me Doink
join:2001-10-13
Seattle, WA

Lurkers inc to IGGY9

to IGGY9
TUNK -- the sound of my jaw hitting the ground.

They have needed their own forum according to many people for a long time.

Paul,

xxnoelziexx
Noc
Premium Member
join:2002-04-06
London

xxnoelziexx to IGGY9

Premium Member

to IGGY9
Woohoo just in time thanks for letting us know iggy.

winsyrstrife
River City Bounce
Premium Member
join:2002-04-30
Brooklyn, NY

winsyrstrife to IGGY9

Premium Member

to IGGY9
Great news, I'm already there. Thanks for the info Iggy.

BTW, the terms and services text window's aspect ratio is elongated. Maybe it's just an Opera kwirk. Anyone else notice this?
LowWaterMark
Premium Member
join:2002-05-16
Wallingford, CT

LowWaterMark to IGGY9

Premium Member

to IGGY9
Excellent. Thanks for the word Iggy !!

John2g
Qui Tacet Consentit
Premium Member
join:2001-08-10
England

John2g to IGGY9

Premium Member

to IGGY9
Just signed up

Please note that you have to add the forum to a "Trusted Site", otherwise you may go round in circles, as I did, trying to register. Took me about 10 times

Nam Vet4
Premium Member
join:2001-12-03
Allentown, PA

Nam Vet4 to IGGY9

Premium Member

to IGGY9
registration dont work!

winsyrstrife
River City Bounce
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

winsyrstrife

Premium Member

I registered fine, but the personal profile tabs are busted.

Alwill
Lost time is never found again.
Premium Member
join:2002-09-25
Sydney, OZ

Alwill to IGGY9

Premium Member

to IGGY9
Good work

Nam Vet4
Premium Member
Allentown, PA

Nam Vet4 to winsyrstrife

Premium Member

to winsyrstrife
it worked after i put the site in "trusted"
but there is no need for the little q mark in front of password, if the site wants 5 characters min.
just say so on the registration page
why hide that fact under that q mark?
IGGY9
No Guru Just Here To Help
Premium Member
Chatham, IL

IGGY9 to winsyrstrife

Premium Member

to winsyrstrife
Well that's not good. Maybe something was missed in the "beta" testing of the forum. I honestly didn't have the time to be a part of the test. Except for 1 post. I'll drop an email to see if this is in fact a "known issue". Thanks for the post.

winsyrstrife
River City Bounce
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

winsyrstrife

Premium Member

No prob Iggy. I'm sure many people are grateful, even though they might not say so. Especially considering that the free version of ZA only has E-mail support. This is a Godsend for users who fall into that category.

Keep up the good work.
IGGY9
Premium Member
Chatham, IL

IGGY9

Premium Member

New info just in.

"Q: Why is this forum just for ZA? Why not ZA+ and ZAP?
A: We wanted to offer it to just ZA users for now, since they had no route for support. (As free users, they weren't officially eligible to get Tech Support, but many folks still wrote in anyway.) This gives them a place where they can hopefully find someone with useful experience and advice. So that's the main benefit--to create a helpful place for them. Also, by reducing the number of ZA users in the Tech Support queue, this allows Zone Labs to give ZA+ and ZAP users more attention.

Of course, many questions that will be posted in this forum are common across our entire product line--"What does this alert mean? What does this feature do?" So it's probably that useful information for all products will appear here.

And finally, as a practical matter, we don't really have a way to limit this to solely ZA users. It's officially just for ZA, but we're not going to keep people out."

John2g
Qui Tacet Consentit
Premium Member
join:2001-08-10
England

John2g to Nam Vet4

Premium Member

to Nam Vet4
said by Nam Vet4:
it worked after i put the site in "trusted"
but there is no need for the little q mark in front of password, if the site wants 5 characters min.
just say so on the registration page
why hide that fact under that q mark?

You can change your password to a 4 letter word (if you want) AFTER you have registered. I have done it

winsyrstrife
River City Bounce
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

winsyrstrife to IGGY9

Premium Member

to IGGY9
Hmm..I'd like helping out customers with ZA, but I've always used ZA Pro from the get-go. If I begin offering advice, will it be completely varying from the free version?

Looks like I'll have to set up a torture rig for my ZA research. »/r0/do ··· rash.gif
IGGY9
Premium Member
Chatham, IL

IGGY9 to Nam Vet4

Premium Member

to Nam Vet4
Having to add the site to the trusted sites is odd. Actually maybe not odd depending on your setup. But when I signed up during the beta run of the forum. I didn't have to lower any of my ZAP settings. And didn't have to add the site to trusted sites in IE. But this may just be a difference in how we have things setup.
IGGY9

IGGY9 to winsyrstrife

Premium Member

to winsyrstrife
Actually the advice won't be all that different. And the help files for all versions are available on the ZoneLabs website. So that should help you determine any difference between Free & Pro. Also older versions of the ZA.chm help file can be found here »www.iggyz.com/ZAP3TEST.html & on this site »www.computercops.biz/ I'm hoping to get updated copies soon. As I prefer the .chm file format over the .pdf of the online help files. So definitely keep on helping others!!
IGGY9

IGGY9 to John2g

Premium Member

to John2g
Well some frustrated users might find that of delight!!:D:D
I went for about a 17 character password.
IGGY9

IGGY9

Premium Member

For users having forum issues these links may be of some help »forum.zonelabs.com/zonel ··· d=access
»forum.zonelabs.com/zonel ··· ucements
[text was edited by author 2002-12-16 16:46:11]

Randy Bell
Premium Member
join:2002-02-24
Santa Clara, CA

Randy Bell to IGGY9

Premium Member

to IGGY9
said by IGGY9:
Having to add the site to the trusted sites is odd. Actually maybe not odd depending on your setup.
Most forums require cookies to register: perhaps some folks block cookies outside of their trusted zone? :)

marti
Color outside the lines
MVM
join:2001-12-14
Houston, TX

marti

MVM

No persistent cookies allowed on the ZA forum.

Cookies

Persistent "cookies" are small pieces of information that your browser stores on your computer on behalf of a Web site that you have visited. The Site does not use persistent cookies. In order to provide discussion board functionality, we do use session cookies. These session cookies do not collect information about you, only about your browser session, and they are destroyed when you close your browser. No data is stored on your computer.

Complete privacy policy: »forums.zonelabs.com/zone ··· age.id=3

Nam Vet4
Premium Member
Allentown, PA

Nam Vet4 to IGGY9

Premium Member

to IGGY9
thats cause i have everything disabled in the internet zone

antiserious
The Future ain't what it used to be
Premium Member
join:2001-12-12
Scranton, PA

antiserious to IGGY9

Premium Member

to IGGY9

... Thanks, Iggy ... used Mozilla, reg went smooth as a baby's butt ...

... good idea, glad it's finally here ...
IGGY9
Premium Member
Chatham, IL

IGGY9 to marti

Premium Member

to marti
That's all I have enabled - unless I'm doing online shopping. Only session cookies enabled. I allow ZAP to handle all cookie control. The only issue I've found so far is that I must turn off ZAP Privacy features to use the Dashboard feature. Also at least 1 user has asked me if there email will be displayed in the forum. I can't find anywhere to turn this off in the Profile. Or any info in the Help related to this. I did a users search in the forum but it didn't seem to find me or any of my post. I don't see an email addy next to my name in any post. But wouldn't want it public in a profile. Anyone have an thoughts or info on this?
Well thanks go out to Nam Vet!!:D:D Who just clued me in. Clicking on the avatar by your name gives you your profile. And indeed there is in fact an email addy displayed. Is there a way to turn this off that I've missed? If not. We need to have this looked into ASAP in my opinion.
IGGY9

IGGY9 to Nam Vet4

Premium Member

to Nam Vet4
Yep different setup. So not all users would see what you saw. But good info for those that would!!
Tuulilapsi
Kenosis
join:2002-07-29
Finland

Tuulilapsi to IGGY9

to IGGY9
This is good news.

CalamityJane
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Eustis, FL

CalamityJane to IGGY9

Premium Member

to IGGY9
said by IGGY9:
I can't find anywhere to turn this off in the Profile. Or any info in the Help related to this.
This was a concern to me too.

In your preferences you can choose to show your profile to
l. All
2. None
3. those on your friends list

But you can't turn it off separately, that I have found either

Edit to fix Typos. - the ZA Forum DOES have a spell Checker! Found that, need one here!

Nam Vet4
Premium Member
Allentown, PA

Nam Vet4

Premium Member

jane i just went back to the za forums
at the bottom of the preferences page i picked "none"
i go back to a post of mine and when i click on my own icon
i see my email addy.
can you check(if you made a post)
click on your icon in your own post and see if you can see
your email addy?

marti
Color outside the lines
MVM
join:2001-12-14
Houston, TX

marti to CalamityJane

MVM

to CalamityJane
I played with the forum for a few days before it went "live." No option to omit the email address and allow the rest of your info to be displayed, so set your profile so no one can view it.