share rss forum feed

IGGY
No Guru Just Here To Help
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-30
Chatham, IL
reply to CalamityJane

Re: Announcing the ZoneAlarm forum

I had issues with the search last night. Thought I mentioned that above. Must have forgotten.

marti
Color outside the lines
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-14
Houston, TX
kudos:5
Hey Iggy,

Lithium is now working on my problem with not receiving email notices.

IGGY
Premium,MVM
Chatham, IL
reply to georgermct
The free version was originally an introduction to a product that was to come. This is my opinion only. Not a company statement etc. It's also more of a promo tool in my opinion. Meaning the company hopes you will see how great the free version does it's job. Then decide that maybe supporting the company & getting even more features to make your pc safer will tempt you to upgrade. Who is a company wanting to support more. People who aren't paying for a product? Or people who are paying the bills? I'm not trying to be rude or making a statement against the free users. But the simple economics point to the fact that of course the pay version will have priority over the free version. Yes the free version has helped make a very big name for ZoneLabs. But the bread & butter is in the pay products. Unfortunately it seems that a lot of people don't see the value in upgrading the product to the pay version. Which is sad for various reasons. Personally for me - even though I'm on a budget - $34.95 for ZAP is what I consider a fair price to protect my pc. And yes it can be found easily for that price with a $10 rebate last time I checked. The advanced features of ZAP & ZA+ aren't just bells & whistle extras either in my opinion. But to expect a company to put a free product at a higher priority than a pay product just doesn't make good business sense. ZAF was never a test product in my opinion. ZAP has always had features that weren't in ZAF or tested in ZAF. ZAP has always been a feature added, upgrade, pay version. That offered more choices in how to secure your pc. »www.zonelabs.com/store/content/c···ison.jsp
--
Test Your Security * TeamZ Member * Cable Modem Diagnostics InsightBB 3000/128 XP PRO

IGGY
Premium,MVM
Chatham, IL
reply to winsyrstrife

Re: Zone Alarm and Internet Explorer

I use IE 6 with all the latest updates with no issues in the new forum. Maybe there is something in your security levels in IE that need relaxed. Or maybe adding the new forum to your Trusted Sites list in IE will help. A user above did just that when they were having issues.
--
Test Your Security * TeamZ Member * Cable Modem Diagnostics InsightBB 3000/128 XP PRO

IGGY
Premium,MVM
Chatham, IL

reply to marti

Re: Announcing the ZoneAlarm forum

Well that is a good thing. What an odd name for a company that develops forum software. Do they do more than that? You would think that would be a good url for a drug company or a shrink or something like that. Or a maker of batteries.
[text was edited by author 2002-12-17 23:39:57]

marti
Color outside the lines
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-14
Houston, TX
kudos:5
Here's their website: »www.lithium.com

It is an odd name for that type of company. Lithium is a drug: »www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-l0···l#Head_2

IGGY
Premium,MVM
Chatham, IL
Ok I can't resist. A bit off topic - but I found this funny.
"Why Lithium?" »www.lithium.com/about.asp
That could be taken a few different ways considering that the name refers to multiple things.

georgermct
PERFORMANCE

join:2000-05-12
Fairfield CT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

reply to IGGY
**It's also more of a promo tool in my opinion. Meaning the company hopes you will see how great the free version does it's job.**

It IS a GREAT product...(well 2.X is, still waiting for adjustments to 3.X)

**Then decide that maybe supporting the company & getting even more features to make your pc safer will tempt you to upgrade.**

That's just my issue, I don't want MORE FEATURES (as 3.X tried to accomplish), I just want to be invisible to hackers/crackers, without heavy resource usage, without a complex user interface, that's all nothing else.

**Unfortunately it seems that a lot of people don't see the value in upgrading the product to the pay version.**

I'm one of them, exactly what is the value of paying?
To be blunt, if ZAF 3.X didn't have its current issues I'd be promoting it myself as I have in the past with earlier versions...I just can't do that now until things change.
--
OOL Member Since - 10/18/00