No Guru Just Here To Help
Premium Member
join:2001-03-30
Chatham, IL

IGGY9 to marti

Premium Member

to marti

Re: Announcing the ZoneAlarm forum

Well that needs looked at in my opinion. For reasons I mentioned above. I have a public profile here. But if users want to email me they have to do so without knowing the actual address. Then I choose whether to reply from that address. This type of option should be made available or at the very least a email address blocking option should be implemented. It's just a matter of privacy & courtesy. Shouldn't have to not be able to say nice things about yourself without compromising your privacy ( unless you wish to ).

marti
Color outside the lines
MVM
join:2001-12-14
Houston, TX

marti

MVM

Iggy,

It's all or none. That is, profile with email address showing, or no profile at all. The preferances can be customized, the Dell forum uses Lithium forum software, and they have a block for "public email address." (If you don't have a log-on for the Dell forum, you can't see the area I'm talking about.)
IGGY9
Premium Member
Chatham, IL

IGGY9

Premium Member

Well now CalamityJane has added an interesting comment to the mix. Has this been tested? I'll try with myself not logged in & see what results I get. All or nothing yuck. Options are what make the world go around & what sell ZAP & ZA+ software!!:D:D Should be the same for the ZoneLabs forum.

marti
Color outside the lines
MVM
join:2001-12-14
Houston, TX

marti

MVM

not logged on means you can't view profiles at all. I played with the forum before it went live, and tested that option.
IGGY9
Premium Member
Chatham, IL

IGGY9

Premium Member

Yep confirmed. As I said - I think - before I didn't have time to do much testing. This is a very busy time of year for me. Even though testing began around the 11th. I just didn't have the time to devote to it. The more I post here - the more behind I get with other things. None of the other users seem to have a public profile set. So I couldn't test the above theory properly.