All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

ninersfan
join:2001-02-09
Hayward, CA

ninersfan to OttoPylot

to OttoPylot

Re: [Poll] Where is everybody going now?

said by OttoPylot:
SonicNet. They're local with an excellent reputation.
Then why does SonicNet still have ZERO votes? I'm assuming you didn't vote yet? Or still deciding? I haven't voted yet myself as I'm not yet committed either here.
said by navychop:
Add me to Speakeasy, 2 accounts.
You might want to add another option, ILEC, for those that choose Verizon, etc.
Yeah, I know...I thought about Verizon but hadn't seen much mention before in this forum so figured it would fall into the other category. Since I can't change the poll after the fact will just let it go, as long as the other selection isn't much higher than 10% I think it's still pretty valid anyway. Just if those selecting other would please post here what they are so we have some idea at least.

Random Nut
Premium Member
join:2002-11-29
Mosh Pit

Random Nut

Premium Member

Cyberonic With 1.5/768 and around 5600 ft away from co ill be uploading\downloading like a madman.

$50 a month
$99 Start up
Static Ip
Router
768k Upload you just cant get that speed anywhere else for $50 bucks
1.5m Download
Alot of people on the reviews here that went with Cyberonic
live like 12,000ft from the co and are getting speeds of 1200/650 so im gonna be pretty stoked being 5,000 ft away.
OttoPylot
join:2000-11-21
San Jose, CA

OttoPylot to ninersfan

to ninersfan
I thought I had voted. They're a bit pricier than most but here in the South Bay our choices are limited. They always get good comments in ba.internet.
cazi0072
join:2002-12-13
Long Beach, CA

cazi0072 to ninersfan

to ninersfan
Add me to the Verizon list. Called them yesterday. I was told that DIRECTV DSL will be selling the lines back to Verizon West in the L.A. area in mid January. I was also told not to disconnect with DTV DSL. When the switchover takes place in mid January, they will automatically take over the line and give me a free dial-up account while I'm down for 7 days. Then I will be up and running with Verizon, once again.
Rvosper
join:2002-01-22
Rescue, CA

Rvosper to ninersfan

to ninersfan
Already moving to Sonic.net - couldn't be more impressed with Tech Support and service. Dial up is fast (42k) in the interim.

I notified Directv I was switching to Sonic and they authorized Sonic to disconnect their circuit right away - of course my login to Directv seems to have simultaneously been disconnected at the same time - no great loss!

directtvsux
@64.130.x.x

directtvsux to Random Nut

Anon

to Random Nut
where does it say $50? I am looking at their site (prob wrong spot) but only found $69 for business w/5 static..

pls post url

thanks