Search similar:

uniqs
mrfantastico
join:2002-11-13
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

mrfantastico

CLECS keep the Bells honest

"First, if it wasn't for the baby bells, you would not be in business. The bell system built the infrastructure needed to allow communication between cities and countries, it connected the world. They continue to maintain the infrastructure, at a great expense."

First of all, the Bell system was a monopoly that built their systems gradually over a hundred years, and for a long time, that system sucked. We funded the build through our tax dollars (subsidies and money spent by the government directly to build it) and forced uptake of their service (monopoly). Now that we build the infrastructure, we should be able to use it (meaning CLEC's). Now the Bells bitch after the legislation they pushed to pass (the telco act of 1996) b/c they realize that they are losing too many local customers to replace with long distance services, especially now with free long distance offered on most cell plans. Basically, they got what they asked for but now they are crying b/c their business plans failed to predict the low profitablity of long distance couple with the large loss of customers to CLEC's. I know the last poster works for one of the Bells and seems proud to do it, but that person needs to get real and get their head out of the Bell jargon they push to their employees. Customersm have never had it so good. Whether it long distance, DSL, local phone services, things are cheaper and more reliable now than ever. To say that this is not a direct result of competition is foolhardy. If the Bells fail I sm sure there would be plenty of investors willing to take on their taxpayer paid for infrastructure and use it themselves. Capitalism, you have to love it.

"CLEC's hurt not only the bell's but everyone, including you" ---HAHAHAHA

Gigantopithi
join:2000-08-08
Homewood, IL

Gigantopithi

Thank you mrfantastico. You took the words right out of my mouth.