spc
uniqs

ninersfan
join:2001-02-09
Hayward, CA

ninersfan

Users Migration Group in the Works

Here's the deal $49.99/mo for up to 1500/786

(if your line will support it) via Cyberonics.

We are attempting to get at least 50 or 100 users to sign-up as a group in order to either get the usual setup fee of $99 cut in half or waived entirely.

This is being handled by HomeLvr See Profile and he has information on how to add yourself to the group in this thread here: »New Offer (expired)
vcljr
join:2000-11-11
West Bend, WI

vcljr

Re: Users Migration Group in the Works

Not to throw a wet blanket on this effort, but I called Cyberonics the other day to switch. I was very hopeful. Unfortunately, they said they couldn't offer their promotional to me. I could get 608/128 for $59.95 or 768/384 for $84.95. I decided to go with Covad's SOHO deal of 1.5/384 for $69.95. I'd suggest you call Cyberonics first to make sure their promotion applies to you.

Good luck to those that Cyberonics is able to serve. It looks like a GREAT offer.

ninersfan
Hayward, CA

ninersfan

That must be due to issues with your line, distance from CO or such. Many of us have already qualified here for the Cyberonics offer and are indeed interested in the advertised speeds.
vcljr
West Bend, WI

vcljr

I'm 4,490 feet from my CO. Cyberonics said that their promtional offer was unavailable at that CO, which I really don't understand, since he did offered me 768/384 for $84.95. Crumbs, I'd have taken 768/384 in an instant for $49.95 too. 8-)

ninersfan
Hayward, CA

ninersfan

I don't know then, all of us have different circumstances unfortunately...what works best for one subscriber may not for another.

dritchie
join:2001-05-07
Euclid, OH

dritchie to vcljr

to vcljr
said by vcljr:
I'm 4,490 feet from my CO. Cyberonics said that their promtional offer was unavailable at that CO, which I really don't understand, since he did offered me 768/384 for $84.95. Crumbs, I'd have taken 768/384 in an instant for $49.95 too. 8-)
My guess would be that there is no Rythems/MCI DSLAM in your C.O. so Cyberonics has to pay more to
provide you the service.

Check the C.O. map and figure out who has DSLAMs in your office and try them for a "deal"

Don
vcljr
West Bend, WI

vcljr

said by dritchie:

My guess would be that there is no Rythems/MCI DSLAM in your C.O. so Cyberonics has to pay more to
provide you the service.

Check the C.O. map and figure out who has DSLAMs in your office and try them for a "deal"

Don
Not sure how to check a CO map. 8-) When I first signed up with Telocity, Rhythms was my last mile provider and I had 768 SDSL. It was GREAT. When they went bankrupted, I quickly asked to be switched from them. I didn't realize they were going to be bought out by WorldCom and ended up with Ameritech as last mile provider and its 640/160(?). Hum, I suppose now someone will buy DirectvDSL since I've switched again. 8-)
hok (banned)
join:2002-02-27

hok (banned)

The deal is for WorldCom 1536/768 ADSL only. As far as I know, only Milwaukee, Brookfield and Waukesha in Wisconsin have WorldCom POP (Point of Presence). You can check it yourself by follow link below:

WorldCom DSL via Cyberonic Internet Communications, Inc.:
1.5m down/768k up bps business-class (no port is blocked, support servers, comes with router and static IP address.) ADSL via WorldCom that you can check availability now by clicking Check Availability for Office 768k. Then if the result you got is "Business-Class DSL is available at your location." (if not, see "Other Services Available" section in lower portion of the web page if you can qualify for DSL Office 384k), you can order it from BROADBANDreports.com users highly rated Cyberonic Internet Communications, Inc. for $49.99 per month without a contract, router and static IP address are included (add $10 for 4 extra static IP addresses), but has $99 activation fee (waived when you join BROADBANDreports.com mostly former DirectvDSL customers sign up group, or with pre-paid 18-month contract for $719.82 that is $39.99 per month on average, or you can figure it as pre-paying about a year of DSL service at $49.99 per month with $99 activation fee and get about six extra months of DSL service free.). The Neighborhood built by MCI is not required.