Search similar:

uniqs

crowdx
join:2001-10-12
Concord, CA

crowdx

Sonic.net in Bay Area sign up question

Hi,
just signed up with Sonic here in the Bay area, should I have received a password or something to log in? Or do they contact me later on with that info? It was after office hours when I finished signing up and so wonder will they be back in touch. I have not disconnected DTV, instead I am gonna wait till the blanket line release come into effect on the 30th and I asked the Sonic sales person earlier today was this ok and she said yes but talked about ticking a box to show that I was a DTV customer, I didn't see any box to tick and have emailed a question to them on this also.
Hopefully their service is as good as their reputation.
Patrick
OttoPylot
join:2000-11-21
San Jose, CA

OttoPylot

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties in signing-up with Sonic. For me, it was the easiest thing I've ever done as far as ISP's go. If I remember correctly, when you filled out the online form, there was a field that asked if you were currently using another ISP. That's where you would mark down DTV. Then just give them your DTV email address and they will mail you a confirmation (for me it was about 10 minutes) with a login and password name for you. Then go to their website, login with that info, go to your personal info page, and change the login or password to whatever you want. Wait a few minutes, and you're all set. If your DTV connection isn't working, then of course you'll have to do this over the phone.
I would imagine that by now Sonic is getting lots of requests for service and questions so they might not be as quick to reply as normal. I signed-up the week before Christmas before the apparent panic set in for us DTV refugees. One more thing. Make sure you check that the dialup phone number you'll have to use while you are on dialup is a local call. The best thing to do is get the number off of their website and then call your phone company to make sure it's a local call for you. Sonic is not responsible for any toll charges you incure while on dialup. Their servers will also automatically assign IP addresses to you once you successfully dialin so there is no configuration on your end. At least that's how it works on Macs, not too sure about Windows but I would imagine that it's very similar.

crowdx
join:2001-10-12
Concord, CA

crowdx

Thanks for the help, hopefully I will either get an email or a phone call from sales later today to verify my details etc. As I said it was after office hours when I signed up and user configs may be a manual process.
Seems a lot of people think Sonic are too expensive and may not be changing to them , hopefully that will help those of us who do switch to them with a faster service.
I have not cancelled DTV and so expect my connect to run at least till Dec 30th and after that Sonic said they will use the blanket disconnect to release the line and setup my new dsl service.
Patrick

emjayef4
Mjf
join:2000-10-10
Pleasant Hill, CA

emjayef4

You should have received an immediate reply, including password, even after hours, I'm almost positive. I did, on a Sunday.

Maybe you didn't finish the signup somehow. I'd email them or call. They're very helpful, and actually answer email pretty quickly.

They even called me a few days later to make sure everything was OK.