spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bcomisky
join:2003-01-16
Chicago, IL

bcomisky

POP3 access to mail.cyberonic.com SLOW

POP3 access to mail.cyberonic.com SLOW, nearly 3 minutes to poll. Anyone else noticed this?

My roommate's email program times out before that. I called Cyberonic (and after almost an hour on hold total) and left a message about this and a couple other problems (like smtp authentication).

Here's my fetchmail log, note starting and ending times for poll:

fetchmail: 5.9.7 querying mail.cyberonic.com (protocol POP3) at Wed 22 Jan 2003 03:19:27 PM CST: poll started
fetchmail: POP3< +OK POP3 mail.cyberonic.com v7.64 server ready
fetchmail: POP3> USER xxxxxxx
fetchmail: POP3< +OK User name accepted, password please
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Mailbox open, 0 messages
fetchmail: POP3> STAT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 0 0
fetchmail: No mail for xxxxxx at mail.cyberonic.com
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Sayonara
fetchmail: 5.9.7 querying mail.cyberonic.com (protocol POP3) at Wed 22 Jan 2003 03:22:29 PM CST: poll completed
ross7
join:2000-08-16

ross7

Mine too. Both problems. Incredddddibly sloooooowww. Relay Denied!!

I've been trying to reach them for many days. I have actually gotten through a couple of times, only to be placed on hold for ten or more minutes before being routed to another hold limbo where I'm disconnected after four-ten minutes more of FRANK.

Looks like it's going to take a while to get straightened out.
twodogs
join:2001-08-17
Pahrump, NV

twodogs to bcomisky

to bcomisky
You are not alone on the slowness of their mail server...
I have never seen one as slow as this, I have 5 email accounts configured in Outlook, and the first two (not Cyberonic) poll, and download very quickly, usually in just seconds, then the next three accounts (Cyberonic)just sit and chug along, and sometimes will actually time out.
So far the only thing that Cyberonic is good for is the connection, everything else really sucks...
ddruker
join:2000-08-13
Palo Alto, CA

ddruker

Not just slow logins to their server. Also lots of messages seem to be stuck in limbo at times, queued up behind the Cyberonic server. For instance over the last few days I would send an email to myself at two different ISPs. The mail shows up immediately at one, but not for hours at Cyberonic.

Both could be related I suppose.
HAL6664
join:2003-01-15
Beverly Hills, CA

HAL6664 to ross7

to ross7
The problem for "Relay Denied" is that the email administrator has NOT added your IP address to SMTP which will allow you to send email. If you have a connection, send the message from a Yahoo or Hotmail account if you can't send via their email system.

Send them an email which states in the subject line: "Add IP to SMTP 64.xxx.xxx.xxx" (using your correct IP address) leave the body blank. Good luck getting them to answer. I have found out the way that they assign themselves email address however: it's the person's first name@cyberonic.com. So if you were talking to Tony it's tony@cyberonic.com I have talked to others named Sam, Ken, Nick, and Mo (it's probably Mohammed). State your problem succinctly in the subject line and hope that they answer, and also send a "cc" to support@cyberonic.com.

The web mail works but is really slow, so you might try the web mail and see if you can send from there (just for the hell of it):

»www.cyberonic.com/~cic/w ··· kmail.pl
economist14
join:1999-10-21
Los Angeles, CA

economist14

After a couple of weeks of glacially slow cyberonic mail, I signed up for Yahoo Mail via their POP, and set my forwarder in my virtual domain service to have all my addresses point to Yahoo mail. It's virtually instantaneous.

Even considering the added cost for Yahoo POP mail (works out to about $3 per month at annual rate), Cyberonic is still a good deal, no thanks to them.

My rating of Cyberonic has gone from "Rocks" to "OK" because of this and the terrible delays in contacting them by phone.