share rss forum feed

kb6183
Oh The Corruption
Premium
join:2000-09-27
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to boomerbubba

Re: These Ducks Quack !!!

No pictures yet, but I just made a couple of these for my 614+ using cardboard, tinfoil, and a glue gun. They aren't pretty and are only 12cm-side squares, but for no real cost and a small amount of time I'm sitting in a former dead zone posting this
--
Try Team Starfire or Team Discovery orTeam Helix

kb6183
Oh The Corruption
Premium
Virginia Beach, VA

OK, I took a couple of snaps. Not great quality, but you get the picture pun intended

I was going for small size because I'm already in trouble for putting the AP somewhere it doesn't belong
--

nelsong

join:2001-11-03
Lafayette, LA

Thanks a lot guys, this solved my downstairs problem, and didn't cost me a cent!

Rygel
Learn How To Use Reply
Premium
join:2001-11-17
Moira, NY
reply to kb6183

Nice lunchbox.

Stubert

join:2002-03-27
Omaha, NE
reply to kb6183

said by kb6183:
I'm already in trouble for putting the AP somewhere it doesn't belong

I'm sure the card-board and aluminum foil helps...

HEE HEE HEE just kidding

That is pretty sweet! I should try that. Does the signal send only in the direction of the reflectors now? or- does it still broadcast everywhich angle?
--
AMD ATHLON 1.2GHz MEDIACOM ONLINE 1.5mbps

kb6183
Oh The Corruption
Premium
Virginia Beach, VA

Looking at the pics on boomer's original link : »osiris.urbanna.net/antenna_desig···emplate/ using these should make the beam more directional. The canted one is pointing close to directly (by eyeball gauge)at the downstairs room I needed better coverage in. I haven't tried the only other room I really use the notebook in (upstairs bedroom) yet, but it's in the same general direction anyway so I think it will be OK.

Yeah Rygel, the lunchbox is one of the many Pooh items my wife has collected over the years. Makes her happy

When I told her how much money I saved by not having to buy commercial antennas, she figured she could live with them as long as they stay in that spare room!
--

Thin1
Premium
join:2001-09-29
Wallingford, CT

If you put enough pooh stickers on your AP and reflectors it might become acceptable anywhere you want it
--
This information is free, keep that in mind

kb6183
Oh The Corruption
Premium
Virginia Beach, VA

said by Thin1:
If you put enough pooh stickers on your AP and reflectors it might become acceptable anywhere you want it

LOL I'll keep that in mind
--