uniqs

Cop
Premium Member
join:2001-09-05
Auburn, AL

Cop

Premium Member

Finally The Knology Forums is here!

After many months of waiting for knology to sign up with BBR finally it has happened! If any one has any tech questions iam more then happy to help as i have many friends that work at knology.

Thanks
Scott

Zrat123
Premium Member
join:2003-01-26
Montgomery, AL

Zrat123

Premium Member

Scott as you know I have been having problems with my speed
The tech ( who was super nice) informed me he thought it might be in the Hub is the reason I can get fast speeds than slow speed . Everytime they come out Im seem to be getting good speed so I hope they get it fixed. Thanks for the Knology Forum.

Cop
Premium Member
Auburn, AL

Cop

Premium Member

This use to happen to me. Iam not sure exactly what they did to fix it. They might of fixed some equipment at their local office. I'll look into this for you.

Thanks
Scott

Zrat123
Premium Member
Montgomery, AL

Zrat123

Premium Member

Thanks Scott, right now my speed is fine, I just hope it stays. I need to buy a modem and turn this one in I am paying rent own . Do you know much about the Motorola
Cable modem? I notice circuit city was selling for 99.00 plus a 30.00 Rebate . Any Suggestions? Thanks again. Tom
bfrye
join:2002-03-12
West Point, GA

bfrye

Good modem.

penguin356
Premium Member
join:2001-02-01
Somewhere

penguin356 to Cop

Premium Member

to Cop
Did you guys notice any speed drops last night? My connection started crawling last night around 9:30 PM.

Zrat123
Premium Member
Montgomery, AL

Zrat123

Premium Member

I wasnt on last night so I dont know, But today is terribe
I just called tech support again, my speed is slow again,
Suppose to be here tomorrow from 5 to 8 Pm.

Tom
Zrat123

Zrat123

Premium Member

1435 / 0 gee, I just cant figure this out, Download 1435 and upload 0 .Test from knology Test page. just dont make any sense what is going on.???

penguin356
Premium Member
join:2001-02-01
Somewhere

penguin356 to Cop

Premium Member

to Cop
2003-02-05 19:12:27 EST: 1186 / 216
Your download speed : 1186100 bps, or 1186 kbps.
A 144.7 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 216567 bps, or 216 kbps.
Seems like broadband .. above the 1mbit barrier!

Mine is defiantly better tonight.

Zrat123
Premium Member
Montgomery, AL

Zrat123

Premium Member

Hey Scott
I called knology again today, because the Tech last night, the Same one that came out Monday informed the office to send somone out here Wed. to check
the Hub.The Tech said it would take a bucket truck to check the hub. Well last night Thur. The same Tech said he would report it again . Im still waiting , Now Tech Support says if no one calls by 6Pm call back and report the problem. Is there anyway to get this problem fixed, sounds like all im getting in the run around. Thanks

Tom

Cop
Premium Member
Auburn, AL

Cop

Premium Member

said by Zrat123:
sounds like all im getting in the run around. Thanks

Tom
Yes sounds that way. There isnt realy a way to avoid this. Usally knology is pretty at getting out and getting the problem fixed. Just keep calling and they will get it straightened out.
Cop

Cop

Premium Member

Also, the Motorola surfboard is one of the best cable modems. Just make sure knology supports it and then your good to go. Awesome modem

Zrat123
Premium Member
Montgomery, AL

Zrat123

Premium Member

Thanks Scott, Im still wating for knology to fixed the
problem.
Zrat123

Zrat123

Premium Member

Well Scott , the Tech got here and everything was working fine. Every time they come its works great. Got me Puzzle
Tech said just wait for it to happen again and call back.
They did fixed the Hub this morning .

Take Care and Thanks

Tom
Zrat123

Zrat123 to Cop

Premium Member

to Cop
Same old song, speed is down again the upload anyway.
Call Tech and they said someone would be here Friday,
If they dont fixed it this time Im dropping Cable, Phone
internet and trying Charter. O well I think I given Knology
enough times to fix it anyway. Im still paying so sorry knology but thats life .

Tom

Cop
Premium Member
Auburn, AL

Cop

Premium Member

Well every ISP will have thease issues. Hope you have better luck with charter if you do switch.

Scott

Zrat123
Premium Member
Montgomery, AL

Zrat123

Premium Member

I stay with knology so far. Tech came out
yesterday and informed me it was a outside Problem, Working
Great so far but this has happen before. Tech said if someone is stealing cable it would cause my internet to be slow at times. Have you ever heard of this . Anyway Thanks
for the help.

Tom

Cop
Premium Member
Auburn, AL

Cop

Premium Member

Yes Zrat. Here in Huntsville there is a little part in the Huntsville Times that cable companys pay for. For they find people dishing of cable from their lines they are put in the papers to warn other cable companys. But about your issue, there could be someone tapping in also. We in Huntsville havnt had to much trouble with this but it pops up every once in a while. If your cable drops again let me know and i might be cable to call down to their office and discuss it.

Scott

Zrat123
Premium Member
Montgomery, AL

Zrat123 to Cop

Premium Member

to Cop
Ihe Tech: said there was a leakage in the line but they got it fixed, whoopee , I just glad they found the Problem.
Thanks Scott and everyone else for their Help.

Tom

Cop
Premium Member
Auburn, AL

Cop

Premium Member

Thats what we are here for.

Scott
Knology Tech