uniqs

stimulation
join:2003-01-13
Argyle, TX

stimulation to ikarus1

to ikarus1

Re: These Ducks Quack !!!

lol.

How about you get a percentage of the quality parabolics that I make?

If not, I will change it slightly and sell freely.

Copyright ‚ Patent

fredsimon
Truly Yours
Premium Member
join:2001-07-02
Ardmore, PA

fredsimon

Premium Member

I trust you are joking?

ikarus1
Premium Member
join:2002-10-23
Urbanna, VA

ikarus1 to stimulation

Premium Member

to stimulation
Upon reflection, I do not wish to post. take me back

stimulation
join:2003-01-13
Argyle, TX

stimulation to fredsimon

to fredsimon
Indeed.

Although.....

If one wanted to make these antennas commercially, I do not think your copyright would hold up to well..

dandeman
MVM
join:2001-12-05
Chapel Hill, NC

dandeman

MVM

said by stimulation:
Indeed.

Although.....

If one wanted to make these antennas commercially, I do not think your copyright would hold up to well..
ummm copyright? on an antenna design that Guglielmo Marconi patented in 1897?

Check out the drawings in Marconi's patent on the link below and the replia of the original parabolic receiver antenna that Marconi built..

»www.sparkmuseum.com/BOOK ··· TENT.HTM

Couldn't find an online source to link directly to his patent, but my guess is that his 11 pages filed, making 56 claims about the uniqueness of his parabolic design pretty well nailed it..

[text was edited by author 2003-02-01 22:16:50]

rahlquist
Redeye
join:2001-10-30
Villa Rica, GA

rahlquist

said by dandeman:

Couldn't find an online source to link directly to his patent, but my guess is that his 11 pages filed, making 56 claims about the uniqueness of his parabolic design pretty well nailed it..

The direct link you were looking for;

»patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/ ··· N/586193

Only images of the patent are avalible its so old.

As for selling these on ebay there are tons of guys selling antenna bosting garbage there. These arent garbage. But the market for this wouldnt be too large IMHO. The people who dont know any better will buy the flashy pieces of garbage already there. (just like the fools who paid $19.95 for those stupid cell phone stickers that were supposed to boost your signal). The people who know what they are doing will simply follow the plans.

Personally I dont think anyone should be worrying about making a profit on ebay on these things, lets just enjoy using them.

fredsimon
Truly Yours
Premium Member
join:2001-07-02
Ardmore, PA

fredsimon to stimulation

Premium Member

to stimulation
The world is really a small place and those of us who do this kind of stuff tend to be a tight knit community. Often we may not agree on some things, but we remember the folks who not only stuck the umbrella up the wrong place, but then opened it before the pulled it out. People get real upset when you borrow their ideas. Not a good way to get help, and a worse way to make friends.

dandeman
MVM
join:2001-12-05
Chapel Hill, NC

dandeman to rahlquist

MVM

to rahlquist
quote:

Personally I dont think anyone should be worrying about making a profit on ebay on these things, lets just enjoy using them.

Agreed.. I think there's more fun and general interest in everyone learning a little more about antennas and getting the opportunity to do some hands on experimenting..

As shown, the materials needed aren't a big deal and if you got a signal strength indicator in your wireless software, and an inquisitive, yearning to learn attitude, you got all you need..

This approach and attitude of learning, passing on knowledge to other interested folks is still a big enjoyment factor in ham radio and a huge part of it's history and reason for being.

And thanks for the link to the patent office.. Lot's of fun to poke around in there on topics of interest...