how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

johnsp

join:2001-02-07
Syosset, NY

Cyberonic 18 month plan question

Is the 39.99 deal for 18 months a pre-pay plan? Also is there an install fee? None of that is mentioned on the web site. Can they run NAT on their router and allow you to run multiple PC's behind it?

poolip

join:2002-09-10
Chicago, IL

1. yes. pre-pay plan.
2. i don't know. there was no install fee until Sep.2002.
but, in Jan/2003. they started to accept an install fee$99 to 18m plan.
in my case, i ordered on 06th Jan; there was no install fee on 3rd Jan. but, when i called them on 5/6th Jan, they said that their special promotion was ended. lol
There is no standard on their sales & business. hehe.
anywayz, there was install fee $99. however, because they represented their promotion to me on 3rd Jan, I asked them for waiving the $99, and they accepted. so there was no $99.
i don't know about their newer sales-policy. other person will give more infos.
3. you can select NAT&DHCP mode, or static ip address.
default mode is NAT&DHCP. They don't care about multile PC. I've received 4 Port efficient 5861 Router. This is a business class DSL router.(DSLmodem+DSLRouter). actually, SBC is providing this 5800 series DSL router to their customer on their Business DSL service. also, there are another routers like a cisco678 etc.. I'm using the 5861 DSL router with my own SMC router.
have a nice day.

poolip

join:2002-09-10
Chicago, IL
reply to johnsp

P.S I've forgot one. Think about another worldcom reseller.
cyberonic's reps are very kind. (except some reps) but, they are really busy. and their service system is extremely bad. loot at other topics in the worldcom forum.
18month is too long.
digizip.com : same service&speed. $49/m, no install fee. ask them.

HAL6664

join:2003-01-15
Beverly Hills, CA
reply to johnsp

Re: Cyberonic 18 month plan question

If you want to run more than one computer (and if you don't own your own router), then you want to tell them that you want the 5861 Efficient Router, NOT THE CISCO 678 !!!!!

johnsp

join:2001-02-07
Syosset, NY
reply to johnsp

Thanks for the info guys. $720 up-front sounds dangerous and they don't even wave the install fee! Hope they hang around.

highhatsize
Norm, The Basset For All Time
Premium
join:2001-02-08
Spring, TX
reply to johnsp

One point that hasn't been mentioned is that, just as with an apartment lease, you're locked in at $39.99/mo. for eighteen months. So you won't be affected by any price increases for service during that period. I've read that WorldCom is going to announce a major change of some kind in a month or so; if that includes a price increase to its resellers, cyberonic.com will pass it along. Of course, the vitality of cyberonic. com is a matter of concern.

At the end of my 18 month contract, which I faxed back on December 17, 2002 was the boldface notice "Offer ends on December 25, 2002". I think that everybody who signed on after that date had to pay the $99 fee for the router.

HAL6664

join:2003-01-15
Beverly Hills, CA

If your were a computer head, and inclined to spend the $, you could buy your own used Cisco 678 ($100.00 on eBay), or better yet a Cisco 827 ($500.00 on eBay), and forget about the $99.00 equipment fee. Since we all know what the Cyberonic configuration parameters are, you could just config your own equip. and go with it.

Schmackdown
Midwesterner
Premium
join:2002-08-26
Chicago, IL

I think they phrase it as a "setup/equipment" fee, which means even if you used your own router they'd still send you one, and you'd still get slapped with the $100 charge. Kind of like shipping "and handling" fees.