how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

douflag

join:2002-12-24
Chicago, IL

Using all 4 Ports of the Efficient

Hey folks. Has anyone been successful at plugging in more than one computer by ethernet on their Efficient router??? I plug in the info (IP, etc) that Cyberonic gave me and i get static IP errors for all the computers! Can't obtain settings automatically cuz of static IP. It's on bridge mode... If I'm going to get static IP errors, what's the point of sending us a router w/4 ethernet ports on the back!!?!?!?

AL
[text was edited by author 2003-02-07 00:08:24]

adsldude
Premium,Ex-Mod 2003-9
join:2000-11-10
Colorado
kudos:1
It works great if you have them turn on NAT & DHCP. Otherwise you would need to add your own router behind the 5861 and run NAT from there.

Tekkanano
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Alexandria, VA

reply to douflag
I have 2 computers and 1 router connected to the efficient speedstream (bridge mode) and it works fine. So that means I'm using 3 ports off the efficient. I even connected a hub to it and it works fine too. I bought the extra IPs package, so I have 5 IPs total.

Humm, what static IP errors, explain a little more, I'm not sure what you're talking about.
[text was edited by author 2003-02-07 00:29:35]

douflag

join:2002-12-24
Chicago, IL
reply to adsldude
I'm trying to set up a ftp. That's why i want to use the other ports, but i guess that's out of the question now. BTW, all I have to do is open up ports 21 or 80 on my router to get the FTP up, right??? Or do I have to tell Cyberonic to open those ports up on my Efficient and for me to open up the ports on my router?

AL

Tekkanano
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Alexandria, VA
All you have to do is open the ports on your home router, not the efficient router. When efficient router is in bridge mode, it acts like a normal dsl modem. If the ftp server application requires port 21, then open port 21 on your home router.

If you want to use all 4 ports on the efficient router, you need to buy the extra IPs package, which is $10/month more.