spc
Search similar:

uniqs

goudaboy
join:2002-07-25
Saint Charles, IL

goudaboy

dsl modem problem?

Hi folks, been a while since I've posted on here. Service has been great since last July when I was first turned on. Even made the yahoo transition without problems. But...(and there always is isn't there), I have the most annoying problem thats nagged me since the start, and at first I though it was because of ramp up etc, but it still happens. I have a speedstream 5360-023? (Im at work right now so I cant exactly remember). Anyways, I come home, I try to use the 'always on' connection, and nothing. I just cycle the modem and bam its back. Its not a huge deal, but its starting to get annoying. Is it a sign of a flaky modem? or something else. Sometimes it stays logged in for days, other times not.

I run a linux firewall (ipcop most excellent) and it is set to always stay logged on. It will drop regardless if I use that or the usual route with the dsl software. Any advice, suggestions most appreciated (or even official help as well )

WSoxRock
Go Sox
join:2000-10-10
Lake Villa, IL

WSoxRock

I have same issue latetly. Well had it a few months ago then mysteriously went away. Then had speed issue which was fixed.(affected many users also) But the sync no surf started just last week again. I have IM'd David See Profile and he is checking into it. I pointed him to this thread in my last IM.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David to goudaboy

Premium Member

to goudaboy

5360-023-->Needs a flash update!!

the 5360-023 modems have a flash update that needs to get them up to date.. These modems were replaced by ASI when they are found. If you want and should save you some time you can attempt to flash the modem with the firmware download.

the 023 models had the following problems..

--> Sync no surf
--> Sync very slow surf
--> Intermittent connection

Toaster2k, has that link and I IM'ed him to send the link where you can get the firmware. Worst case scenario we can get an ASI tech out there to exchange the modem..
efflandt
join:2002-01-25
Elgin, IL

efflandt to goudaboy

to goudaboy

Re: dsl modem problem?

If you have been on since last July, you most likely do have 060-5360-023 (I got one of those in July during move).

Did you do the firmware upgrade (that model only)? It is primarily to resolve problems with 10baseT nics, but might resolve problems with others too. If you see a reference for 120-5360-502 that is what was on cardboard box for the -023.

I did the firmware upgrade and it works, but mostly use my old -002 with Dlink DI-704 gateway (currently connected 820 hrs).

goudaboy
Saint Charles, IL

goudaboy

yeah Im home now, and it is that model modem, where can I find this firmware and instructions??
goudaboy

goudaboy

ahh the power of google, found some info...groovey thanks guys lets see if this works

oddstar
DSLR member for 6 years
Premium Member
join:2002-04-14
Spring, TX

oddstar to goudaboy

Premium Member

to goudaboy
You can always consult the Efficient KB:
»support.efficient.com/KB

Specifically your link is:
»kb.efficient.com/al/273/ ··· 494.html
But I'm sure you found that already!

goudaboy
Saint Charles, IL

goudaboy

thanks everyone, the firmware upgrade was good. So this was the problem all along? I should have asked earlier! Why wasnt there some kind of announcement here? This probably affects many people.

RadioDoc

join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL

RadioDoc

There was an announcement back in October, and there is a FAQ entry about it too.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David to goudaboy

Premium Member

to goudaboy
Glad this is resolved...

Remember if you need anything drop me an IM

beach Boy..

goudaboy