Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

It does more then regulate your poop

Yeah, I'd definitely like fiber to my home (here in PA, hahah suxors to be all of j00). In all seriousness though, it's not like BA/VZ made a promise to have 45mbps FTTH just "cuz". They got something from the deal as well. If they don't hold up to their end of the deal, then we revoke everything that we gave to them. If that means that we benefitted them 5 billion dollars, then I guess the PA citizens should expect 5 billion dollars.

NOVA_Guy
ObamaCare Kills Americans
Premium Member
join:2002-03-05

2 recommendations

NOVA_Guy

Premium Member

said by Exodus:
If that means that we benefitted them 5 billion dollars, then I guess the PA citizens should expect 5 billion dollars.
I would expect more if I were you.

Actual Damages:
- $5,000,000,000
- Interest on that $5,000,000,000 for the years that the money was in Verizon's posession

Punitive Damages (this is where I would have fun if I were a judge and a case involving this came before me):
- $15,000,000,000 (or whatever the maximum the law stipluates I could award)

As these were promises made to public officials, I would also suggest that the state see if they can prosecute Verizon's upper management (at least those who managed the PA operations) in some fashion. There needs to be both civil and criminal penalties thrown at Verizon and their crooked management; that's the only way they will learn that being the bad corporate entity they choose to be can (and will) cost them big time.

When they promise something they have no intention of delivering, they should be made to hurt. Make Verizon bleed over this. Screw them as they screw others. Make an example out of them-- that's the only way to prevent this from happening in the future.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Yeah, you're right... I only hope that the PA board continues to have a backbone to stick to their guns.

I'd much rather have them spend whatever money they're forced to on what they originally promised. This would SERIOUSLY boost the economy. Can you imagine all the tech jobs that would come into place? I could make a killing just splicing fiber for another decade and a half.

Make them own up to it, force them to hold up to their end of the bargain, don't just make them pay it all back. I'll be lucky to see five dollars of that back.

bistro777
Donuts-Is There Anything They Can't Do?
Premium Member
join:2002-02-07
Englewood, CO

2 recommendations

bistro777 to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
From Verizon's Web site - - - "Make progress every day. We understand that life is not always about dramatic change, but more often about the small steps and achievements we make each day. Whether you want to make progress in your life or business, we can help. We're standing behind you to help you move forward, however you define progress in your life."

All PA taxpayers should rise up, demand that progress, and shout, "Can you hear us NOW?"

Some say the glass is half full; others say it’s half empty. I say, “Are you going to drink that?”

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Heh... I just want to see what happens.

Leviathon, if you're watching. Could you do me a favor and keep track of updates? You've got better contacts in this media biz then I do.

NOVA_Guy
Premium Member

NOVA_Guy to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:
Yeah, you're right... I only hope that the PA board continues to have a backbone to stick to their guns.

I'd much rather have them spend whatever money they're forced to on what they originally promised. This would SERIOUSLY boost the economy. Can you imagine all the tech jobs that would come into place?
That would be great. I'm originally from Western PA, living in Northern Virginia-- some day I would like to return "home" and find some work in the tech sector and live around Pittsburgh. (I've got plenty of family and friends there) Having the whole state wired like this would be a serious boost to the tech sector there, and just might allow me to return-- much sooner, if not immediately...

I too hope that the PA PUC decides to fight the good fight-- not just for the residents of the state, but for people everywhere. There are those of us who would like to move back to PA that would benefit from it. There are also countless others who would benefit indirectly by having a company like Verizon be forced to keep its promises for once.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Anyone know the address of a government official that I could write to that has a say in this?
mglunt
join:2001-09-10
Fredericksburg, VA

mglunt to NOVA_Guy

to NOVA_Guy

Sue them for 15 Million, and where do you think they get the money to pay that off?

NOVA_Guy
Premium Member

NOVA_Guy

Premium Member

That's fifteen billion...

I suppose they would get the money from their existing operations to pay it off. But they couldn't raise prices without going through a process of applications, etc. with the PUC, could they? And how many of those commissions nationwide would be inclined to allow Verizon to increase their rates? None, because Verizon will be too broke to bribe them this time around...

RomanTribune
Tempus neminem manet
Premium Member
join:2002-01-21
·Verizon FiOS

RomanTribune to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus

Where's My Money Baby Bell !!!

I deserve my $785 back with compounded interest for pain and suffering.

I went through 3 1/2 months of pain arguing with Verizon’s INEPT Network Support Personnel to FIX MY LINE! I went through a total of 35 Tier 1 and Tier 2 Network Support Personnel trying to solve this problem.

I took Verizon to task and filed a report with the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, and wouldn't you know, less than 24 hours later, they got off there asses and gave me the red carpet treatment. I should have sued them instead like that woman who won her small claims court case against her DSL provider.

Furthermore, I still believe they should fire the incompetent nincompoops who call themselves technicians. They couldn't help me so they continued to pass me on to another technician.

I still have nightmares when my connection dies!

I will admit that everything is working now, but it sure as Hell wasn't back then.
howardv
join:2003-02-07
Honolulu, HI

howardv to Exodus

to Exodus

Re: It does more then regulate your poop

Can the PUC pull Verizon's license to sell phone service in the state or is it a mandated thing somewhere that Verizon is the only people that can sell phone service there? Imagine if they threatened to toss them out?
Marckus0513
Just Because
join:2003-01-11
Vernon, VT

Marckus0513

said by howardv:
Can the PUC pull Verizon's license to sell phone service in the state or is it a mandated thing somewhere that Verizon is the only people that can sell phone service there? Imagine if they threatened to toss them out?
Oh Yes Imagine that!! Wouldn't that be the best thing for every customer....then the government could take over the local phone business and that would be so much better!

I doubt the CLECs are going to buy the local networks, they can't even buy their own networks now! And I suspect that if Verizon lost their license to operate in PA that they are not going to just up and give their network to anyone who may want it.

Give me a break!