Private

Premium Member

special deal- customers /attbi.com to comcast.net

ForeverMail offers e-mail address for life

newsarticle:
»seattlepi.nwsource.com/b ··· 21.shtml

Offer:
»forevermail.com/html/att ··· fer.html

Digital Footprints International, which specializes in e-mail forwarding, is offering a special deal to Internet customers who must change their e-mail addresses from attbi.com to comcast.net.

The Tacoma company's ForeverMail service allows subscribers to pick e-mail addresses and use them for life.

The company said that Comcast customers will receive a 33 percent discount on the e-mail service. More than 2 million Comcast customers must make the change.

winterforge
Premium Member
join:2000-07-23
Seattle, WA

winterforge

Premium Member

Maybe it's just me, but why pay anything when you can get the same service at »www.inbox.net for free with even more domain names to choose from? They have some pop-ups but no worries if you have a blocker, their service is free for life also.

R4M0N
Brazilian Soccer Ownz Joo
join:2000-10-04
Glen Allen, VA

R4M0N to Private

to Private
Or you can get your own domain name and free hosting at a place like www.winwebhotsing.com and have a permanent email on a domain that only you have.

ds322
@attbi.com

ds322 to Private

Anon

to Private
I doubt it would be free for life if you continue to block there popups.
DonLibes

join:2003-01-19

DonLibes to Private

to Private
said by Private:
The Tacoma company's ForeverMail service allows subscribers to pick e-mail addresses and use them for life.
Note the fine print of the helpful description of what is meant by "for life:
quote:
DFI may terminate the Service without refund with or without cause at any time and effective immediately.

MrBradTX
join:2001-05-23
Carrollton, TX

MrBradTX

said by DonLibes:
Note the fine print of the helpful description of what is meant by "for life":
Ah, so it's for the life of the offer. Very nice.

Subhuman
The
join:2001-12-09
Lakewood, WA

Subhuman to Private

to Private
Comcast should be picking up the cost for e-mail forwarding for those of us having to switch e-mail domains.
It should be their burdon and not the paying users burdon.

MrBradTX
join:2001-05-23
Carrollton, TX

MrBradTX

said by Subhuman:
Comcast should be picking up the cost for e-mail forwarding for those of us having to switch e-mail domains.
They already are. Comcast recently announced that they will forward incoming attbi.com email to our comcast.net inbox until December 2004. That gives us at least a year and a half.

Subhuman
The
Lakewood, WA

Subhuman

said by MrBradTX:
said by Subhuman:
They already are. Comcast recently announced that they will forward incoming attbi.com email to our comcast.net inbox until December 2004. That gives us at least a year and a half.
What Comcast.net inbox?From what I understand it's Dec 2003 by the way.
So why are we still mail.attbi then?
If it's going to change I'd like to start letting people know what my new e-mail addy is going to be and not overnight suddenly like last time with the @home fiasco.
DonLibes

DonLibes

said by Subhuman:
If it's going to change I'd like to start letting people know what my new e-mail addy is going to be and not overnight suddenly like last time with the @home fiasco.
If you really care about mail addresses changing, you owe it to yourself to get a mail address that doesn't depend on the whims of your ISP. Mail service too for that matter.
saratoga66
join:2002-08-22
Saratoga, CA

saratoga66 to Subhuman

to Subhuman
Its December 2004. »Comcast Eases E-mail Blues

Subhuman
The
Lakewood, WA

Subhuman to DonLibes

to DonLibes
said by DonLibes:
said by Subhuman:
If you really care about mail addresses changing, you owe it to yourself to get a mail address that doesn't depend on the whims of your ISP. Mail service too for that matter.
True,but I opted for this cable isp because of some of the features it includes and one of those is e-mail.
They advertise e-mail as part of the service and I expect no less than what is advertised and I pay for.
DonLibes

DonLibes

said by Subhuman:
I opted for this cable isp because of some of the features it includes and one of those is e-mail. They advertise e-mail as part of the service and I expect no less than what is advertised and I pay for.
I hate to break the news to you but Comcast claims that its advertising doesn't actually obligate them to very much. For example, they don't promise any specific delivery time maximums, even from one Comcast sub to another. They don't even promise they they won't lose your mail. That's why I use a different email provider.
bigdog2005
join:2002-03-13
Kelowna, BC

bigdog2005 to Private

to Private
Okay, Let me post this again.... sheesh.. nobody listens nowadays....

COMCAST IS KEEPING THE EMAIL SERVERS ALIVE TILL DEC OF 2004....***PERIOD***.... In the next few months you all will be notified of all the details on getting a new comcast email, if you are signed up for attbi email at this current time. Until dec 2004, you will have access to BOTH emails address, you old attbi email, and your new comcast email... The biggest problem is that there may already be someone signed up with a comcast email address that you are using for the attbi email services. This is unfortunate, you will have to sign up for a NEW email username, and start notifying everyone what it is going to be. There is no reason that comcast should have to pay for any email forwarding... in this situation...

***THIS IS MY RANT FOR TODAY*** Hopefully, ya'll will listen this time....

Private
Premium Member
join:2002-01-04

Private to R4M0N

Premium Member

to R4M0N

www.winwebhotsing.com NOT FOUND

are you sure that is the correct URL?

mistakenID5
join:2000-11-07
Salt Lake City, UT

mistakenID5

it is correct especially when hosting is spelled with the letters the right order winwebhoSTing....

I hate when fingers dont do the brains say they should.

R4M0N
Brazilian Soccer Ownz Joo
join:2000-10-04
Glen Allen, VA

R4M0N to Private

to Private
said by Private:
are you sure that is the correct URL?

hehehe... sorry. not hotsing but hosting.

»www.winwebhosting.com

The free service has 10mb space and a measly 30mb/month transfer, but at least it's free and it also includes 5 email addresses.

for $4.00 more/month, you can get a ton of stuff.

[text was edited by author 2003-02-22 08:44:44]
Chronometon
join:2001-12-05
Santa Fe, NM

Chronometon to Private

to Private

Re: special deal- customers /attbi.com to comcast.net

Heck, go to RegisterFly.com (and probably any of several other low cost registrars) and for around $9-10 you can register your own domain for a year (annual renewals are usually slightly less). I know for certain that RegisterFly includes email forwarding at no extra cost. That's frikin cheap insurance that you won't be caught in another email address change panic.

Since you are having to change all your email over to a new address anyway, make it one YOU own and can take with you. Why waste your time giving out and changing ISP-specific email addresses? When you own you own domain, you can make any email addresses you want within it, and have them forwarded to whatever your ISP of the month is.

That way, you are no longer locked in to keeping an ISP just to avoid the hassle of changing email addresses.

I did this several years ago and couldn't be happier. Especially since I was one of the people who had been on Comcast, local system was bought out by and converted to ATTBI, and now is converting *back* to being Comcast. Geez.
sparkchaser2
join:2003-01-10
Saint Paul, MN

sparkchaser2 to Private

to Private
I personally use www.softhome.net. They have pay and free services for email. they have web access or POP access.

I use their free service with POP access.

The only thing with the free service is that you must accept advertisements in your e-mail. HOWEVER, I personally only get about 2-3 per WEEK.

It is not unlimited but it suits me just fine. Been using them for a couple of years now.

sammysnake
Never Forget 911
Premium Member
join:2002-01-19
Salt Lake City, UT

sammysnake to Private

Premium Member

to Private
You can also check out »www.myrealbox.com/a?.BQ. ··· E.Z1QQ.d

Sammy