share rss forum feed

CatSnak
RIP Splashy - We miss you
Premium
join:2001-05-06
Lakeside, CA
reply to Zhen-Xjell

Re: Name Just One Disease/Illness You Wish Cured

Zhen, Hard to pick just one but if really forced to I would have to say breast cancer. Mainly cuz my ma was diagnosed with it last year.
--
Yea I did it, What ya gonna do about it?

Marilynhanson

join:2001-01-06
Fort Lauderdale, FL

reply to Zhen-Xjell
Alzheimer's

I just lost my Great Aunt to this terrible disease
And I never got to say good buy to here because she didn't remember who I was.
[text was edited by author 2001-05-11 17:54:29]

MENINBLK
Premium
join:2000-01-25
Yonkers, NY
reply to Zhen-Xjell
I wish that we could find the CAUSE of LUPUS, and a CURE for LUPUS (SLE).

My Wife has dealt with Lupus almost all of her life. It affects you in so many ways, they can't all be listed. It also doesn't affect any two people the same way.

No one knows what causes it. Some doctors have said it is genetic. No one knows how to cure it. They can only diagnose Lupus and relieve its symptoms, and only in some cases.

My Wife is sensitive to Steroids, so Prednisone is NOT a medication that she can take to help her. She has been through all of the pain relievers and NSAIDs, and all of them have worked for a short while, until she builds up an immunity to them.

Pete...

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
Reviews:
·Power-Net Intern..
reply to Zhen-Xjell
If this thread is around long enuff does the yellow box warning get bigger?....1016 days?

I can't name just one. My mother died of breast cancer and I watched her suffer even with a morphine drip in her IV. My Father-in-law had Alzheimer's, I am familiar with the worst of Old Al. My Wife has old Arthur, and for a while was on muscle relaxers and sleeping pills so she could get somewhat of a nights rest.

System
reply to Zhen-Xjell
I must Say diabetes has to be my first choice. It kills more people than most think and costs a great deal for everyone.

I am not currently a Team H member but I am running a program that is doing almost the same thing to help find better treatments/cures for cancer. They are currently working on Leukemia and will hopefully go into Parkinsons, Diabetes and everything in between.

If anyone is interested let me know.
Brian
bcarter100@home.com
[text was edited by moderator]