how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

paczanga

join:2003-02-26
England

HELP !!! Aol broadband - cannot browse pages

I have strange problem. When I`m connectig to bt server via normal way (network connections ---> adsl connecction) I cannot browse internet pages or use any internet program (outlook, ftp, etc.). When I`m connecting via AOL program (ver 7.0) everything is fine. Someone got any idea? I tryed to reinstall modem, reinstall IE, clear cache - nothing. Help me!

Joey
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-18
Tallahassee, FL
??? Do you have AOL DSL? (AOL PLUS) whatever you want to call it. If so then you must connect using the AOL software to be online.
--
Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems? - Calvin

Joey
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-18
Tallahassee, FL
BTW: Welcome to BBR!

Also if you do have DSL thru AOL then there is no way around this You can just connect to AOL then minimize it and use whatever you want to browse the web.
--
Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems? - Calvin

TXS

@209.158.x.x
reply to paczanga
If you use aol 4.0 it wont let u use ftp or browse with any browser.

ChrisJT
Premium
join:2001-12-20
Torrance, CA
reply to paczanga
As Joey stated, if you have AOL DSL service, then you must connect to AOL before you can surf the web.

Also, do you have any firewalls running?
--
You get what you pay for.

Mic
Premium
join:2003-01-27
Minneapolis, MN
Reviews:
·Comcast

Login to AOL, then TrayIt!

downloadTrayIt.zip 35,887 bytes
Yeah, just sign onto AOL then minimize it and you can then surf the internet. I never really liked that whole thing about being broadband but still having to sign in before using the internet, but, people have their own opinions on things, like my dad: "I liked the AOL DSL, you can login to the internet and get better speeds than 56k and then log off the internet without having to worry about "hackers"" (sorry about the double quote)

Anyway, I have attached a file that can put your AOL Window in you tray icon so you dont accidentally close your connection when you're doing something important (grrr, homework......) Have fun! Oh and forum mods, I think you should make this a sticky so that everyone can download this, the waiting time to download this is long and the servers are usually too busy to allow anyone to download. Again, have fun! And you're Welcome!!!

--
l337 pwn0rz, CS |20xx0rz »www.team-stealth.net Team Helix!

[text was edited by author 2003-03-03 15:16:07]

Mic
Premium
join:2003-01-27
Minneapolis, MN
Reviews:
·Comcast
Alright, ok, you don't have to stick it, but, at least take the file and post it on the top of the forum for AOL PLUS? I know this is gonna be very usefull, come on Forum Mods!!!!!

--
l337 pwn0rz, CS |20xx0rz »www.team-stealth.net Team Helix!

RobNyc
Premium
join:2002-03-06
New York, NY
seems cool but the tray it itself uses over 5,000kb