Search similar:

uniqs

iSmell
join:2001-02-03
Fort Lauderdale, FL

iSmell

Re: Grey Stars?

said by olympicplace:
And some of us are just happy to be here.
You get my vote!

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to iSmell

Premium Member

to iSmell
While we on the subject of starts and stuff by our names, I've seen a little spinning globe next to people's names. what's that for? I know the flags are for the SETI clubs, and how long before my third star?

Sir Joseph
Premium Member
join:1999-08-13
Brooklyn, NY

Sir Joseph

Premium Member

said by pcdeb:
While we on the subject of starts and stuff by our names, I've seen a little spinning globe next to people's names. what's that for? I know the flags are for the SETI clubs, and how long before my third star?

The globe is for SETI, and the helix is for the Folding team.
»Team Helix for more info.

snapcase$

join:2001-02-20
Purgatory

snapcase$ to pcdebb

to pcdebb
said by pcdeb:
how long before my third star?
DSLR recently got rid of the point tracker which would tell you how many points you currently have and how many more you needed to gain an additional star.

So now, when you get a star, it's a surprise. Just visit often and post some useful stuff in a forum or two, and you'll see that third spinner in no time.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb to Sir Joseph

Premium Member

to Sir Joseph
said by yossiea:

The globe is for SETI, and the helix is for the Folding team.
Hehehe, I'm sorry, the "helix". I called it a flag. Goes to show how much I know
said by snapcase:
DSLR recently got rid of the point tracker which would tell you how many points you currently have and how many more you needed to gain an additional star.

So now, when you get a star, it's a surprise. Just visit often and post some useful stuff in a forum or two, and you'll see that third spinner in no time.

A surprise eh? I've posted a few news stories for the front page here and there, so I guess someday I'll be close?

snapcase$

Purgatory

snapcase$

said by pcdeb:
A surprise eh? I've posted a few news stories for the front page here and there, so I guess someday I'll be close?
Well, that definitely helps but for the most part, points are awarded for frequent visits to DSLR. If you visit once a day, you'll see that third star, trust me. Though, as you gain more and more stars, the time you wait in between stars gets larger and larger.

Try not to get to preoccupied with votes, points, and stars. Remember, we're here to help others in need.

Snapcase
zib
join:2000-08-09
Roslyn Heights, NY

zib to iSmell

to iSmell
THERE ARE 35 RESPONSES TO THIS SUBJECT, AND NOT ONE CLARIFIES WHAT THE STARS ARE OTHER THAN BLUE MEANS YOU PURCHASED SOMETHING. CAN SOMEONE CLEARLY STATE WHAT THE COLORS AND AMOUNTS MEAN? (Reminds me of dealing with Verizon Techs. Talk Talk Talk and nothing said)
Thanx

snapcase$

Purgatory

snapcase$

said by zib:
CAN SOMEONE CLEARLY STATE WHAT THE COLORS AND AMOUNTS MEAN?
The previously gold stars are now silver

Some silver might turn gold after a while

Some gold or silver might turn green to signify a "DSLR God"

Blue means you've purchased something.

Amber5
Chaos Beware
join:2001-02-14
Virginia Beach, VA

Amber5 to zib

to zib
Not true, it's been answered, mostly:

"old gold stars are now silver stars

gold stars are awarded for some silver stars

green stars are awarded for some gold stars

blue stars indicate you purchased something like line monitoring and/or toolpoints."

You get a silver star for participation (I don't know how many posts you need or how often you need to check to get a star). When you get X number of silver stars, you get a gold star. When you get Y number of gold stars, you get a green star (indicating DSLR god). Blue stars have already been explained. The globe means you're a member of SETI@home. The ribbon means you're in either Folding@Home or Genome@home, I forget which.

snapcase$

Purgatory

snapcase$

said by Amber:
The ribbon means you're in either Folding@Home or Genome@home, I forget which.
I'm pretty sure that the helix is for Folding@Home.

MgKnight
Cancer Survivor
MVM
join:2000-08-04
East Freetown, MA

MgKnight

MVM

said by Snapcase:
I'm pretty sure that the helix is for Folding@Home.
Surprise again. It is for both.

Amber5
Chaos Beware
join:2001-02-14
Virginia Beach, VA

Amber5 to snapcase$

to snapcase$
said by Snapcase:

Try not to get to preoccupied with votes, points, and stars. Remember, we're here to help others in need.

I don't know... I got my first vote up today and I was pretty excited about it! I mean... it wasn't my be-all and end-all... but it sure felt good to know someone found value in what I had to say!
[text was edited by author 2001-03-24 22:23:59]

snapcase$

Purgatory

snapcase$

said by Amber:
I don't know... I got my first vote up today and I was pretty excited about it!
I agree that it is exciting but I was just saying to not get completely infatuated with all of that. I've seen a lot of people just floating around posting junk in a blatant attempt to gain more stars. That's one of the main reasons Justin rid DSLR of the point tracker. People would see that they only had such and such more posts to go to gain that desired additional star so they would just post anything to add to their post total.
said by Amber:
but it sure felt good to know someone found value in what I had to say!
Yep, that's why we're here. Though, I don't care much about votes. As long as I helped whoever was in need, votes become insignificant.

Snapcase

Pinan

join:2000-09-02
Murrieta, CA

Pinan to bobbagels

to bobbagels

Re: New Star order

said by bobbagels:
Um, yesterday i had 2.
You have three now?? That one night a while back I won't soon forget. How late were we up Tweaking you Bob? LOL!:)

Congrats Bob.

bobbagels
Just Another Scorpion Mechwarrior
Premium Member
join:2000-11-15
Matawan, NJ

bobbagels

Premium Member

said by Pinan:
said by bobbagels:
Um, yesterday i had 2.
You have three now?? That one night a while back I won't soon forget. How late were we up Tweaking you Bob? LOL!:)

Congrats Bob.
Yea I do remember that night.LOL
It was so late you said to me "HURRY UP IM MELTING!!!" ROFL

PliotronX
My Katamari's Bigger Than Your Katamari
join:2000-05-13
Sunland, CA

PliotronX to pcdebb

to pcdebb

Re: Grey Stars?

The globe is for SETI The spinning double helix is for Folding@Home.. it's all in the DSLR FAQ.

edit- uuugh, just realized this is a two-page thread...sorry, I'm tired =\
[text was edited by author 2001-03-26 05:09:54]

tklown
join:2000-09-17
Sayreville, NJ

tklown to iSmell

to iSmell
True