how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DirtyVegas

join:2003-01-06
Guilford, CT

[SRS] Client setup + DNS

Guys, thanks so far for all the help. I am having a few problems with my client computer running win2k.

I cannot access AOL.com. I get the AOL error page that says "AOL.COM page not found - the url you requested could not be found. It works fine on the Host. I an even run AOL IM on the host. I cannot access Netscape either.
Also I can get to Yahoo, but get an error if I try to check my mails.
Everything works fine on the host.

Setup on client - IP Address is 192.168.X.X
subnet mask is generic 255.255.255.0. There are no enteries for DNS.
In the browser - IE I have automatically detect settings checked, use a proxy server checked, and bypass proxy server for lan checked. The proxy IP address is the same as the host NIC IP address and port.

Am I missing something here?

All other sites I have tried works fine. I have not been to many more. I want to get AOL IM on the client working.

If I go to aol.com in Mozilla I get in bold writing - "DNS ERROR"
--
| G4R | DirecWay |Proxy ON Port 83| UnTweaked |Win2K 550Mhz/256megs host| Win2K client | WinXP client | installed 3.1.03. | CT

Rusty Dusty

join:2002-11-23
In I.E....
De-select "Automatically detect..." (leave proxy server checked... I use port 83..)

sargeeld
Sgm Retired
Premium
join:2002-12-16
Raeford, NC
reply to DirtyVegas
In your client setup put the address for your host as the first DNS entry and then put the Direcway DNS addresses as additional entries. This may fix the DNS error issue.
--
Sarge; G4R, 1250, DWCE SRS, Usual Receive Signal 84, Host: Win XP AMD-Athlon 1.1Ghz, 288MB; Clients: 5-WinXP, 4.0.3.9 DAK403_P8. Proxy On

EvilByDesire
I Am My Own God
Premium
join:2002-09-03
Grotto
reply to DirtyVegas

Heres Client Setups

EvilByDesire
I Am My Own God
Premium
join:2002-09-03
Grotto