uniqs

boomerbubba
join:2001-06-15
Austin, TX

boomerbubba to rcdiver

to rcdiver

Re: Tip: login without password

said by rcdiver:
I have to ask why you all are having to log into your router configuration all the time that this would be necessary?
Don't get me wrong, I do like the tips and helpful suggestions I learn here but I set up my router months ago and haven't had the need to go back into the configuration settings.

It is a good idea to change WEP keys frequently. (I change mine at least daily.) I also disable wireless when it is not in use.

rcdiver
Premium Member
join:2000-12-13
Monessen, PA

rcdiver

Premium Member

Thanks Boomer, I never thought about changing my WEP daily, mostly because it's such a pain. I put the WEP in the router with a word/number phrase but to put it in the wireless card on the laptop is a major pain since the laptop wireless card wants the 128bit code and not the word, if that makes sense.

boomerbubba
join:2001-06-15
Austin, TX

boomerbubba

said by rcdiver:
... I never thought about changing my WEP daily, mostly because it's such a pain. ...
I agree that it's a pain. That's what kept me from changing mine often enough, so I automated the process:

»Re: Hex WEP Generator (Passphrase)

rcdiver
Premium Member
join:2000-12-13
Monessen, PA

rcdiver

Premium Member

I'll have to check that out tomorrow, from what I can tell it looks pretty cool to automate the process but the screwdrivers I've had over the last few hours is not helping me right now.
Time to put bonzo to bed...