MVM
join:2001-02-04
Fair Lawn, NJ

4 recommendations

Slava to JMartin

MVM

to JMartin

Re: This Culprit Must Be ...

Jeff I will admit that I love this site and the dc clubs.

I have spent a lot of time and effort in doing all that I can in helping the clubs on this site.
They have included Team Discovery and they also have included Team Starfire (Seti).

I have gone to the extent of sending a few hundred dollars to build crunchenstein I and II.
(If we ever decided to do this at this club I would not hesitate to do the same for this club).
It was a team project and something we did as a team at starfire.
I did this because I believe in the project, but also because I enjoy the family atmosphere we have in the Starfire forums, same as we have in this one.
I believe with all my heart that each project has a lot of value and the people that crunch for each are many times very loyal to the cause.

Sometimes it is crazy to think we will find a space man or ET out there.
But then again if we don't try, we will never have a chance to do so.
Would that time and crunching power be more useful in looking for a disease and cures?
Maybe, but this is something that we do because we believe in the cause.
And to some it’s just a hobby or a way to utilize the CPU power.

I would never ask anyone to stop working on a project to join another.
But if the opportunity presents itself when there is a break in one project then it’s in my opinion a good time to look into other project and keep your pc working.

The perfect example of this, is the week we just had.
Where members of this team looked into doing the TSC project.
But then again UD was not really down or stopped at the time we did this.
So a better example would be when TSC had problems and members of our team took that time to go ahead and switch those same machines that crunch TSC towards working on UD.
We did this not as two separate clubs, one working for UD and the other for TSC.
But instead we did this as a team, which made me really proud to see us all pull together and be able to do.

Once a year we have a time that we do an honor Guard memorial and we go out and try other project in dedication to 9/11 victims.
We all come together as a site and work on each project out there for about a week.
This is a great time to see what each project is about.

This time around, I will as my team members at Starfire to give Crunchenstein I and II a shot at our club and let it work on it for a week.
We built that monster as a team and it would be great to have it also help out for that one week in dedication to the fallen victims of 9/11.

The power of the Crunchenstein (a project that we all built as a team is truly amazing) it currently averages 160 or so Work units a day for team Starfire.
If we had to equate that to each one of our projects either UD or TSC I hesitate to even quote how many points or conformers that bad boy could do in a day or for the entire week.

As the situation presents itself here shortly and Seti I ends and Seti II begins.
If there is a break or down time.
I will as more friends to come over to our club and help us out, in the Interim between projects.
If they like it, they are more welcome to stay.
But I would never ask anyone to give up one project for another.

I see us growing as a team and really see some exciting times to come for both projects.
When I say this, I am referring just to the stats aspect, because the family atmosphere is here and has been in place for some time.

Well with that long winded speech, all I have to say is keep up the great work team and let’s keep crunching for a cure.

R/ Slava

Caliban9
Go Team
Premium Member
join:2002-07-25
Cumberland, MD

Caliban9

Premium Member

I'm on board for a "Team Discovery Hope Machine", Slava. If we can get some others together to build it, t'would be a great project. Perhaps a thread could be started proposing the project and figuring the commitment each person would make as well as who would build it and run it. A super cruncher for Team Discovery would be inspiring. It's an idea, can we translate it into reality? Crunch on.

babacher
sleep apnea sucks
MVM
join:2001-02-28
Greenwood, IN

babacher

MVM

That's a great idea, and there are people on some of the other projects that could give us advice on how to get started.

I wish I had the time to devote to spearheading it, but I just don't.

A post in the DC Special Projects forum would likely come up with a lot of good information.

budwieser
Budwieser
Premium Member
join:2002-05-05
Cambridge UK

budwieser to Slava

Premium Member

to Slava
I think a big `Thumb` for this Slava!

NOTE: this is in response to the post by jmartin
Jeff I will admit that I love this site and the dc clubs.

I have spent a lot of time and effort in doing all that I can in helping the clubs on this site.
They have included Team Discovery and they also have included Team Starfire (Seti).

I have gone to the extent of sending a few hundred dollars to build crunchenstein I and II.
(If we ever decided to do this at this club I would not hesitate to do the same for this club).
It was a team project and something we did as a team at starfire.
I did this because I believe in the project, but also because I enjoy the family atmosphere we have in the Starfire forums, same as we have in this one.
I believe with all my heart that each project has a lot of value and the people that crunch for each are many times very loyal to the cause.

Sometimes it is crazy to think we will find a space man or ET out there.
But then again if we don't try, we will never have a chance to do so.
Would that time and crunching power be more useful in looking for a disease and cures?
Maybe, but this is something that we do because we believe in the cause.
And to some it’s just a hobby or a way to utilize the CPU power.

I would never ask anyone to stop working on a project to join another.
But if the opportunity presents itself when there is a break in one project then it’s in my opinion a good time to look into other project and keep your pc working.

The perfect example of this, is the week we just had.
Where members of this team looked into doing the TSC project.
But then again UD was not really down or stopped at the time we did this.
So a better example would be when TSC had problems and members of our team took that time to go ahead and switch those same machines that crunch TSC towards working on UD.
We did this not as two separate clubs, one working for UD and the other for TSC.
But instead we did this as a team, which made me really proud to see us all pull together and be able to do.

Once a year we have a time that we do an honor Guard memorial and we go out and try other project in dedication to 9/11 victims.
We all come together as a site and work on each project out there for about a week.
This is a great time to see what each project is about.

This time around, I will as my team members at Starfire to give Crunchenstein I and II a shot at our club and let it work on it for a week.
We built that monster as a team and it would be great to have it also help out for that one week in dedication to the fallen victims of 9/11.

The power of the Crunchenstein (a project that we all built as a team is truly amazing) it currently averages 160 or so Work units a day for team Starfire.
If we had to equate that to each one of our projects either UD or TSC I hesitate to even quote how many points or conformers that bad boy could do in a day or for the entire week.

As the situation presents itself here shortly and Seti I ends and Seti II begins.
If there is a break or down time.
I will as more friends to come over to our club and help us out, in the Interim between projects.
If they like it, they are more welcome to stay.
But I would never ask anyone to give up one project for another.

I see us growing as a team and really see some exciting times to come for both projects.
When I say this, I am referring just to the stats aspect, because the family atmosphere is here and has been in place for some time.

Well with that long winded speech, all I have to say is keep up the great work team and let’s keep crunching for a cure.

R/ Slava
--
To find a cure for Cancer I joined Team DiscoveryTo find ET I joined Team Starfire