uniqs

DHRacer
Tech Monkey
join:2000-10-10
Lake Arrowhead, CA

1 recommendation

DHRacer

Not a Buyer

Me neither. I would like to pick up some cds of music that I've discovered online but I don't want to support an organization that thinks they are the judge, jury and executioner.

If they would just offer a way to get just the tracks of a cd that you like, and pay a small reasonable charge per track, then download them and do with them as you like (burning cds, transfering to mp3 players, etc - unlimited) then I would actually buy music, and prefer to do so online and download it, as long as it is reasonable quality. I'll make my own cds out of the music I get. I've been doing that with tapes for years, cds are no different.

I see no reason to pay inflated prices for one song I like and 12 songs I don't. I'm more likely to rip that song off the cd and add it to my collection and then toss the cd. That's a waste of my money when all I want is a song or two. Until they fix that I'm avoiding buying music.

rrw1313
Premium Member
join:2001-03-05
Taylor, PA

rrw1313

Premium Member

said by DHRacer:

I see no reason to pay inflated prices for one song I like and 12 songs I don't. I'm more likely to rip that song off the cd and add it to my collection and then toss the cd. That's a waste of my money when all I want is a song or two. Until they fix that I'm avoiding buying music.
That will never happen put 1 good song on a CD and release 5 CDs that way and sell them for $20 each thats $100.
Sell the 5 good songs at even the high price of $2 to download the wave file and thats $10.
The RIAA is greedy need I say more.

You'll also never see the option of listening to songs first because then you get to hear all of the crap on the CD and find out it ain't worth $5 nevermind $20.
WolfJaguar
join:2003-03-20
Portland, OR

WolfJaguar

buy imported CDs then, they're more expensive because of the fact they are imported anyhow. There is alot of good music out there if you want to keep the RIAA off your backs.