Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

Folks

verizon is going to need help or nothing will stand. Filetrading is something that the industry supported and can be accomplished by basic FTP..

However if we as americans do not stand up to this, we can only complain when it happens. Verizon still has my kudos on this because it is a big deal to them.. If this passes they will lose broadband subscribers that they have, if this also passes cable will probably lose the same. After all why have a broadband line if I cannot download what I want??

I would have no use for it

--
I am always running around. Catch me if you can... The Hammer.. Year To Date Stats: Current weight: 339lbs, total loss: 245!!

dan221081

@pipex.com

1 recommendation

I think thats exactly it. If you cant download what you want then whats the point in having broadband?? The affect of them winning the case would be disasterous to many ISPs.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
Something else you may not have noticed is why pick on a telco?? Why not a cable broadband system??

I am sure as I am sitting here there are more subscribers on cable and make even more of a bulk downloads than 1 verizon subscriber??

I wonder why the RIAA is not going after the likes of TWC/AOL or AT&T/Comcast??

I am sure this subscriber they are targeting is not the only one!!

We need to write our elected officials...

Please post links..
--
I am always running around. Catch me if you can... The Hammer.. Year To Date Stats: Current weight: 339lbs, total loss: 245!!

Hates the RIAA

@mindspring.com
Our firm's president received a RIAA complaint letter about someone on our network using a P2P program to dowload/upload 1800+ files. Half were music, half were graphics. No dates/no times. Looks alot like a fishing expedition to scare people, although we do not allow p2p. Just seeing the RIAA letters shows how desparate the RIAA is to scare companies anyway they can. The lawyers say find the pc (out of 5000, dhcp nat addressing), explain what we happened and what we are doing to stop it in the future. (and tell the RIAA to eat crap and die) We won't have any problems since they have no timestamps or anything. How many other companies have received the same identical 1800+ page listing?

Konaguy
Live From Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Premium
join:2000-10-21
Kailua Kona, HI
kudos:1
reply to David
That remains to be seen that they'll lose customers.
I used to use P2P, but I realized what I was I doing
was not proper, thus I stopped using it.

I have a broadband connection to share it with my
brother, download legal music (Rhapsody) and surf
the internet.
--
Forum Posts: 642

KoolMoe
Aw Man
Premium
join:2001-02-14
Annapolis, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to dan221081
Ya, good question. I mean, what's the point of speed limits? My car can do 150 easy! And it's stupid that I can't have farm animals living on my property - geeez! It's MY house, why can't I have pigs and cows in my backyard?
And it really annoys me that I can't setup a firing range in my front yard. I have all these killer scopes and laser sights for my Remington, but I can't use it on my property?
When will these laws end!
KM

Sully2

join:2001-04-10
Greendale, WI

reply to David
One reason RIAA has not gone after AOL/TW (owner of RoadRunner and others) is that Time-Warner itself controls a massive catalog of copyrighted material. If one division (RoadRunner) is a conduit of copyright infringement from another division (Warner Bros. Records, and others), it creates a very confusing legal argument. RIAA is going for a clear-cut case, and is picking on a telco at least partly to avoid the above situation.
[text was edited by author 2003-03-27 00:50:58]

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to David
It does not matter, so you mean to tell me I am actually safer if I get a cable connection from AOL/TW??

Guess I never thought of it that way...

WIll have to look into that..
--