Premium Member
join:2002-09-23

Shamayim to WolfJaguar

Premium Member

to WolfJaguar

Re: FBI makes me laugh, so does the RIAA

said by WolfJaguar:
IF an FBI agent ever knocked on my door, I wouldn't open it
And they'll say "excuse us then" and leave? Under the Patriot Act they'll break your door down faster than you can say *lol*.
quote:
I seriously doubt they'd get through my encryptions anyways.
Do you like jail? A judge can issue a court order and keep you there until you give up the password.
WolfJaguar
join:2003-03-20
Portland, OR

WolfJaguar

Perhaps, or perhaps not, it takes time to knock down the three or four solid oak wood doors to my computer area, and by then all my hard drives would have been drilled, cracked, and whatever else I can think up to destroy them.

The Patriot Act, still doesn't mean they can knock down anybody's door(just yet). They still have to get a local judge or federal judge to issue a search or arrest warrant.

Granted, it is easier for them to do so anyhow. The Patriot Act is just another Big Brother way to get into our lives. But there's always ways to get around it, especially with high priced lawyers.

Plus, the password is unbreakable unless the FBI likes to spend 50000 years cracking it. I also have several passwords, each does a different thing. One is the good one and lets you touch stuff, all the others destroy information and the like. Always pays to be prepared.

Whoops, the FBI just fried my harddrive. Doesn't that suck?
[text was edited by author 2003-03-25 15:03:41]

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK

Premium Member

said by WolfJaguar:
Perhaps, or perhaps not, it takes time to knock down the three or four solid oak wood doors to my computer area, and by then all my hard drives would have been drilled, cracked, and whatever else I can think up to destroy them.
They arrest you at work, take you out in front of your coworkers, to jail. Then they will proceed to your house, where they will have all the time in the world to loot/pillage smash everything and get ALL the evidence on your computers. Or are you planning to stay home 24/7?
WolfJaguar
join:2003-03-20
Portland, OR

WolfJaguar

working at home has it's advantages.

Also, I'm just putting up hypotheticals anyhow, if the RIAA wants to spend all that money hunting someone like me down, they're wasting their time. I don't have any MP3s on my machine that I don't already own the albums anyhow, plus the fact they're mostly imports so screw RIAA.