All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
NosX8
join:2003-02-18
Country Club Hills, IL

NosX8

I got a Microsoft Wireless USB Adapter ...........

I have a MS Wireless Adapter that then hooks up to a MS Wireless Base Station problem is Windows Keeps Deleting the Adapter (must suck that bad) and my wireless connection keeps dropping an i am looking for another solution anyone got any good wireless products that are reliable?
vic102482
Premium Member
join:2002-04-30
Upper Marlboro, MD

vic102482

Premium Member

Take it back.

I have seen alot of people having troubl with MS hardware. They need more time before they can "get it right" there was a recall for some product because of a critical firmware flaw.

Get a linky or something.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive to NosX8

Premium Member

to NosX8

Congrats to the new member!!

I see at Best Buy that the base station is $119, and the USB is $79.

You can do better for less. I like Netgear. I own 3 of their products. I have the RP614 ethernet router, a FS608 switch, and an ME102 Access Point. All work flawlessly. The access point reaches all areas of my house. I know another member, Clearity See Profile, here as DSLR/BBR just bought the Netgear MR814, which is comparable to the Microsoft Base Station. He also bought the Netgear MA101 USB Wireless Adapter. He is pleased with his results.

[text was edited by author 2003-03-26 09:33:32]

Radio Active
My pappy's a pistol
Premium Member
join:2003-01-31
Fullerton, CA

Radio Active to NosX8

Premium Member

to NosX8

Re: I got a Microsoft Wireless USB Adapter ...........

I put a MS USB adaptor on my Father in law's computer. It ALWAYS works. He is using Win XP, so it may have something to do with "Zero configuration" going on there. I use ALL Microsoft in my network and NO difficulties whatsoever. If you listen to the other replies you will think I am lucky and maybe I am, but there is nothing wrong with MS USB or with the wireless base station.

I have used Netgear and Belkin but I am staying with MS.

Good luck with your wireless project and WELCOME ABOARD.
[text was edited by author 2003-03-26 16:39:12]

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to NosX8

Premium Member

to NosX8
I find that so funny. A microsoft product (windows) keeps deleting another microsoft product!!!
NosX8
join:2003-02-18
Country Club Hills, IL

NosX8

Hehe thx ,

Well the MS Wireless Router runs perfectly fine just my Microsoft Wireless USB Card will stop responding gets deleted , i have another pc that just has usb to ethernet (since its rite next to the modem and router) and that has no problems, i have heard about "zero configuration' but i know nothing of it or how to stop it could u help me out?

CynicWally
Luck Is The Residue Of Design
join:2002-07-31
Belleville, NJ

CynicWally to NosX8

to NosX8
Not sure how it works in XP, but check in the Network Adapter section for properties of the USB device. Look for "Power Save" or something like that, if it's on disable it. I had a problem with a laptop card (SMC, not MS) dropping out last year. Sounds as though it may be the same thing. Good luck.