Pin
Premium Member
join:2002-06-19
The Dungeon

Pin

Premium Member

[FP] Foldinator2 Operator Suggestion

Slightly OT - but

P Ness wanted 3 blades and FK wanted 4 blades where FK provided the server. If uniquecp's boards work out, we could do 3 and 3 to FK and P Ness with 1 to be added later with FK. FK could help P Ness and I could continue to help MstrBlstr.

Then we should be able to hand 3SGTE a preconfigured system when the next foldy rolls around.

But it's just a thought!

Mod Edit: Split from Election Thread/renamed

FKrooG2
Working my way back
Premium Member
join:2000-09-28
Tha Zone

FKrooG2

Premium Member

Sounds like a very good idea to me. I am more than willing to take one less to gain three more....

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar to Pin

Premium Member

to Pin
I suppose for a formality you could have another poll but I'll eat my hat if it don't pass.

SueN
Premium Member
join:2000-08-22
Lost

SueN to Pin

Premium Member

to Pin
*sign*

Gargoyle
MVM,
join:2000-12-29
Planet X

1 recommendation

Gargoyle to Pin

MVM,

to Pin
I think this is a good idea. But since we have started the election, we should continue to discuss here ... and let whoever is elected get the final say.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

2 recommendations

Cho Baka to Pin

MVM

to Pin
Whatever is decided is fine by me.

I just want a way to contribute.

Gargoyle
MVM,
Planet X

Gargoyle to FKrooG2

MVM,

to FKrooG2
FK, We have enough money to order you 4 blades from uniquecp today. Do you want a four blade system? If so, say yes and wafen will help you conduct the transaction.

Personally, I do like PinHeads idea ... but I don't think we need to reduce your system. I think we will be able to afford what you need and then fill out an entire Foldy3 system in the near future.

Note that we have more money coming in (1 check is clearing right now and I think we will have 2 more donations in the near future) such that we can buy the other 2 blades from uniquecp for Foldy3 and then fill out that system with other components we purchase.

FKrooG2
Working my way back
Premium Member
Tha Zone

FKrooG2

Premium Member

yes...

I would like to have seen 6 blades (3 for me and 3 for foldy3) but if all we can get is 4 then I will take all of them....

Gargoyle
MVM,
Planet X

Gargoyle

MVM,

Sorry, I think I wasn't clear ... we can (or shortly will be able to) buy *all* six. So, buying them is not the problem. I wanted to know how many you want. You get first choice I really believe we will also be able to fill out an entire blade system for Foldy3 (4 to 6 blades) based on what that operator wants.

FKrooG2
Working my way back
Premium Member
Tha Zone

FKrooG2

Premium Member

If you can't buy six today then I will take the 4 you can...
The max I can take is 6 because once I plug in my network and the bounce server, all I will have left is 6 connections on my switch....
[text was edited by author 2003-04-04 12:35:43]

MstrBlstr0
Premium Member
join:2001-07-14
Corpus Christi, TX

MstrBlstr0

Premium Member

Heh, switches are not the problem.... I have two 16 port hubs here (10Mbps), a 24 port (10/100 rack mount) that Axilla sent that I have not been able to get to work, and a 8 port hub (10/100) that Wafen sent that I could not get to work.

I think the LAN ports work fine on the 24 and 8 porters, just the uplink ports are bad or something... I have not had much time to play with either of them. I have plans to do some testing on some of the stuff I have here to make sure that it is all in good working condition.

Gargoyle
MVM,
Planet X

Gargoyle to FKrooG2

MVM,

to FKrooG2
OK FK we are getting all six for you. Please hook up with wafen to coordinate and complete the transaction with uniquecp.

And if you need another switch, see MB per his post above.

FKrooG2
Working my way back
Premium Member
Tha Zone

1 recommendation

FKrooG2

Premium Member

Holy snot!

Your 6 plus the 4 I am building will make sure I stay warm and toasty......

Cool!

MstrBlstr0
Premium Member
join:2001-07-14
Corpus Christi, TX

MstrBlstr0

Premium Member

All I can say is you better pump some serious AC into that room... LOL

I had to add a wall unit just so I could be cool enough to sleep at night....