Flying on empty
Premium Member
join:2002-01-03
Up the River

Turftech to howieh

Premium Member

to howieh

Re: Today would have been Airben001's 22nd birthday

I never had the chance to get to know Airben. He was at the time an infrequent visitor to the place. I did however get perhaps the single most helpful suggestion from him in the MS forum over a year ago. He told me to quit worrying about the details, and live with what works. A concept I hadn't thought of before. I am a mechanic and virtually obsessive by nature and his advise, albeit abstract, was I think the turning point in my understanding of computers. I had only first used a system 2 months before.

I read your solemn posts and reflect on life. I came close myself just a few months ago. Unfortunately, dear Ben lost... I won. Survivors of cancer, myself included, live with this as long as we live, and the little guy that lent a hand will always be remembered by me. That way in my thoughts he never died. He will always be with me.

Rest his soul in peace and comfort.

Mic
Premium Member
join:2003-01-27
Minneapolis, MN

Mic

Premium Member

Wow, this is a sad thing but we all must move on. I have never met Ben because I only joined a few months ago, but this is already starting to get to me. I can feel the pain... of losing someone close.... I wish I could have met you Ben...