uniqs
share rss forum feed

MstrBlstr0
Premium
join:2001-07-14
Corpus Christi, TX

[FP] Open For Discussion

OK, this is for the Genomers....

There have been several people comment on the TH_Bendinator name... I will not say who or what... LOL

As this name will be reflected in the stats for all time and be a representation of Genomers on the team, I am leaving it up to the general population what name the bending blades will be run under.

There have been some issues concerning what team # the clients could be run under with me merger of the two and the classic going away and where exactly the points for all the work were going to end up.

With some work and a lot of help from PinHead this issue has been solved for the most part I believe on the stacks that run the LTSP or BOUNCE..

So, this is another thing that needs to be discussed is if we are going to split the blades between team 4 and team 214386208 or if we are going to run them all under Team 4 and just have the genome blades bending under team 4.

Of course I have my feelings on this but it must be a decision by the members that are donating the parts... Once this is decided then if separate teams, when donating one would have to specify FAH or GAH systems.

I would assume if seperated then the stacks would be built for one or the other and given to an operator to run that satck under that team for simplicity... Although I am in the process of testing to make sure both can be done on the same server without problems.

OK, get to it people... I need a name here soon as the tests are running now..
--
Foldinator Project - Team Helix

[text was edited by author 2003-04-10 00:05:49]

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

I say go with the future and put in team 4. I too have a lot of love for the "old" Genome number but it will soon be history. On with the new improved way of doing things.

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
kudos:1
reply to MstrBlstr0

I will be no help. My opinion is... whatever works.

MstrBlstr0
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX

OK, I just reviewed my above post and it is not very clear due to wording and typos... =/

Main issues were:

1. User name Foldy's are going to be run under for the
blades that bend or are we just going to run them all
under the TH_Foldinator username?
2. Are we running them all under the one team or are we
splitting them between the two team numbers?

A decision on this needs to be made in an expedient
fashion as tests are underway and until a decision
is reached I will not know how to proceed.

Someone feel free to make it more clear for me. :D
--

[text was edited by author 2003-04-10 19:10:23]

Gargoyle
Premium,MVM,ExMod 2004-07
join:2000-12-29
Planet X

Well ... I think we should run them *all* under the TH_Foldinator name and under one team number (4?).
--
I fold for PFW -=- some of us on IRC

MstrBlstr0
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX

Thank you for your input... Would certainly be the easiest to set-up and track the systems if there was a problem somewhere...

Being scattered among various operators the more centralized we can make this the easier it will be to track if a CPU is missing or having problems.
--

SueN
Premium
join:2000-08-22
Lost

I agree with using Team 4. The only other thing we could do is come up with a "suitable" name to call the blade that is genoming. It would show the genomers that their work was being done!!! Like calling it TH_Genomator. What ever.... except bendinator...LOL
--
Team Helix - Needs You !

DSmithLady
Premium,MVM
join:2002-04-23
Deep South
reply to rfhar

said by rfhar:
I say go with the future and put in team 4. I too have a lot of love for the "old" Genome number but it will soon be history. On with the new improved way of doing things.
Going on the assumption that it "will soon be history" I agree with 'go with the future'. FWIW
--
It's really easy to join one of our Cancer fighting teams. JOIN TEAM HELIX! JOIN TEAM DISCOVERY UD/TSC!