1 recommendation

blackeyes0

Premium Member

Highways and Alleys of Chicago

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Someone once asked me to take pictures of my travels on the road. They aren't much to look at but they are of Chicago.:) In one shot of a trailer yard and a row of houses in the background, look what's popping up between two of the houses.
blackeyes0

blackeyes0

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Here's a few more pics.;)The trailer shot is of my truck getting a bath.:)

Desi
Premium Member
join:2002-05-05
Kanata, ON

Desi to blackeyes0

Premium Member

to blackeyes0
cool...where else ya been lately? hanen't seen ya around for a while....

Buck Fush
Great Minds With Great Debts.
join:2001-02-24

Buck Fush to blackeyes0

to blackeyes0
Those houses right next to a yard is the crappiest place to live. I wonder if the people there ever get to sleep.

Airwolf
Premium Member
join:2001-10-30
Windsor, ON

Airwolf to blackeyes0

Premium Member

to blackeyes0
For the van shot photo:

Hmmm 1991 Chevy Astro??? Hmmm...
[text was edited by author 2003-04-12 20:29:31]

Stec$
Coke Addict
Premium Member
join:2002-05-23
Welland, ON

Stec$ to blackeyes0

Premium Member

to blackeyes0
What are you doing taking a picture of the cars next to you when your driving a big rig in that kind of traffic!!!? LMAO

Nice pics please share more when you get some!!!!

blackeyes0
Premium Member
join:2002-10-10
Nepean, ON

blackeyes0 to Airwolf

Premium Member

to Airwolf
said by Airwolf:
For the van shot photo:

Hmmm 1991 Chevy Astro??? Hmmm...
[text was edited by author 2003-04-12 20:29:31]

The shot was taken in the south end of Chicago. I took it(hoped it would turn out better)to show the projects in that area. If you look very closely you can see boarded up windows in that apartment building, yet people still live there.
blackeyes0

blackeyes0 to Buck Fush

Premium Member

to Buck Fush
said by Buck Fush:
Those houses right next to a yard is the crappiest place to live. I wonder if the people there ever get to sleep.

That's nothing. The area scared the crap out of me. Drug dealers on every street corner. I could see them only a block away. The receiver told me not to stop if they start walking over to the truck. Drive right through the intersection if I had too.
blackeyes0

blackeyes0 to Desi

Premium Member

to Desi
said by Desi:
cool...where else ya been lately? haven't seen ya around for a while....

I'll try to get more pictures of different cities I visit. It's quite difficult to find time to stop except at a customer. I'm gone all week and usually leave on Sunday afternoon and return on Friday night. I love to travel.:)
blackeyes0

blackeyes0 to Stec$

Premium Member

to Stec$
said by Stec$:
What are you doing taking a picture of the cars next to you when your driving a big rig in that kind of traffic!!!? LMAO

It was basically point and shoot. I wasn't looking at the building while I was driving. The traffic was moving quite steadily at the time. But your right, not something I care to do on a regular basis.;)

Desi
Premium Member
Kanata, ON

Desi to Stec$

Premium Member

to Stec$
said by Stec$:

heh...my uncles a long haul driver, him and his driver switch places (one sleep...other drive) without stopping the truck...just sorta hold onto the steering wheel (probably put it into cruise or sumthin) and pass it over....

blackeyes0
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

blackeyes0

Premium Member

Click for full size
said by Desi:
heh...my uncles a long haul driver, him and his driver switch places (one sleep...other drive) without stopping the truck...just sorta hold onto the steering wheel (probably put it into cruise or sumthin) and pass it over....

Sounds very dangerous. I drove team for about 6 weeks and even though I was in training I made the trainer get out and do a circle check each time we switched.

ArthurS
Watch Those Blinking Lights
Premium Member
join:2000-10-28
Hamilton, ON

ArthurS to blackeyes0

Premium Member

to blackeyes0
I remember seeing those housing "projects" along the side of the interstate on several occasions driving into Chicago. Very scary & nasty places to live! I believe that recently they had torn down a few of the worst apartment buildings in favor of mixed income residential neighborhoods. Don't know if it worked or not.

Desi
Premium Member
Kanata, ON

Desi to blackeyes0

Premium Member

to blackeyes0
said by blackeyes0:
said by Desi:

Sounds very dangerous. I drove team for about 6 weeks and even though I was in training I made the trainer get out and do a circle check each time we switched.

yeah...i know it's dagerous...stupid to lol. His truck is like yours except its a Freightligner and he works for Day & Ross. but theses guys go for a week without stoppin (except refulling an washroom)....they bring enough food form home...

blackeyes0
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

blackeyes0

Premium Member

said by Desi:
...but theses guys go for a week without stoppin (except refulling an washroom)....they bring enough food form home...

I know what you mean. Did the same routine with another company. Go, Go, Go. We'd do two runs to Laredo, TX in 6 days, take one day off and do it all over again. I was dying.

note: I'll get more pictures this week and post them when I get back in town next weekend. I'm leaving for my truck tonight.:)

stecangel$
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Cloud*69

stecangel$ to blackeyes0

Premium Member

to blackeyes0
Thanks for the pics blackeyes!
Talking about dying what happens when you are ill and on the road what do you do then?
Nice to see you though, more pics would be really great!

blackeyes0
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

blackeyes0

Premium Member

I set up another thread with a few more pictures. glad you liked them.