spc
Search similar:

uniqs

macthemac
join:2002-04-23
UK

macthemac

PC Boost ?

Hi guys what do you think about the PC BOOST Software to be exact i'm looking for something that optimizes your system from the memory to the cpu a software that really makes a diference on your computer speed, i've seen a few programs but i just don't know wich is the best to use.
Like- Powerpack Pro 2003,Windows Optimizer,Tweak-XP Pro, MemMAX,WinRamTurbo XP, MemTurbo well i think you guys know what i meant.
Pease guys let me know what's your opinions.
Thank you all.
By the way i've got:- WIN XP Pro,Intel Celeron 1.0ghz and 512mb.
Thans again.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

To my knowledge there is no software that can optimize or speed up hardware like a CPU or RAM chips. The only solution is to upgrade the CPU or RAM. BIOS settings are the only thing that I know that can speed up or slow down the hardware CPU or RAM.

Regards,

Doctor Olds
mfmruizv
join:2001-09-01
USA

mfmruizv to macthemac

to macthemac
i tried it and it was worthless for me , ive tried most of those progs you mentioned and they really dont help me . I also agree with the last poster. All the ways to speed up your computer should be able to be done manually. Like disabling services and managing virtual memory for you

Bobb5
Premium Member
join:2001-02-16
Kent, WA

Bobb5 to macthemac

Premium Member

to macthemac
Your better off doing Tweaks yourself, Less problems and better results. You can see what's done that way and decide what's done to. Xteq Xsetup is the best Tweak utility, And it's Free! Just disabling unneeded services, Defragging, And cleaning everything out, Will make more of a difference then most anything else. Stay away from Memory defraggers, Not needed in XP and will cause more problems then anything. Good luck.

Xteq X-Setup
»www.xteq.com
Careful with services though, some seem like they are not needed, But they may well be.
»www.blkviper.com/WinXP/s ··· ecfg.htm
»www.blackviper.com/WinXP ··· eaks.htm
»www.tweakxp.com/tweakxp/ ··· ault.asp
»www.theeldergeek.com/index.htm
»www.tipsdr.com/
»www.ntfs.org/
»www.pureperformance.com/

javaMan
The Dude abides.
MVM
join:2002-07-15
San Luis Obispo, CA

javaMan to macthemac

MVM

to macthemac
Any software that claims to do what you're asking is snake oil. The only thing that can make your hardware faster is faster hardware, period. There are programs that will help you optimize your system but they won't do what you're seemingly looking for: a 1.0 Ghz computer that operates like a 2.0 Ghz computer. You just won't get that from any software solution. Don't waste your money; buy faster chip.

macthemac
join:2002-04-23
UK

macthemac

I would like to thank you all for your help.
Thank you again.
mac...