uniqs

IIgs
Premium Member
join:2002-10-05
Montreal, QC

IIgs to kaybertoss

Premium Member

to kaybertoss

Re: Shipping With UPS From The States - BEWARE!

I'm still not sure, but I guess it's PBB.

Question is, how do I contact them online? I really want to clear this up and unfortuntely working during their business hours.

kim
MVM,
join:2001-03-25
ON

kim to kaybertoss

MVM,

to kaybertoss
I didn't see anything obvious online IIgs See Profile. Is there anything on your invoice? If you can't phone try Purolator and email someone in International Shipping at H.O. They'll at least be able to tell you what procedures to follow. Make sure you explain that you can't get to a phone. I don't know how quick they'll get back to you. IM if you have trouble.

IIgs
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

IIgs

Premium Member

I spoke with Purolator and there's nothing they can do, they just tell me I have to contact PBB. They couldn't even tell me what I'd have to do once contacting PBB, just basically that it's out of their hands and has nothing to do with them now.

Never got a reply back from leaving that voice mail message with PBB either, even though I left all possible information they'd need.

kim
MVM,
join:2001-03-25
ON

kim to kaybertoss

MVM,

to kaybertoss
IIgs I don't think that this is going to be a quick solution. How did the shipper mark the customs docs? Did he clearly mark anything about it being RMA'd, returned for repair or anything? If he didn't it will hard to get PBB to reverse it but I don't think impossible. If the shipper clearly marked (I'm guessing they didn't) the type of shipment it should be easier, relatively speaking. If that is the case explain to them that the shipper is at fault and you'd like to know how you can fix it. Remember it's not much different that driving across the border. They scare me. You are going to need patience.
The "contact us" at the top of their website has many #'s listed for all different cities and there is a clickable map also which has email addresses which is probably better in your situation.

IIgs
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

IIgs to kaybertoss

Premium Member

to kaybertoss
I still have the box it shipped in (I'll dig it up shortly, it's at my parent's house).

I think it did mention it was an RMA on the outside of the box. I'll check if there aren't any papers attached to the outside (usually in a plastic insert).

It shouldn't be difficult to prove. The hardisk came from a major hardisk company (Seagate) and they even have it on record that it was an RMA. All they'd have to do is call their line and pull up my case file. I'm guess PBB probably won't care if they're anything like UPS...they'll just insist I owe them money for some obscure reason (i.e. "We verified you don't in fact owe brokage, duties, GST or PST. Now you must pay us for the service of informing you this fact--that'll be $20 please"). I'm still planning to fight it, out of principle. Just gotta be persistent (now if only I could get to a phone to speak with them when they're open. arrrgh).