how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

insamnia

join:2003-02-26
Charleston, SC

call me a convert... almost

hey guys, i'm in the charleston, sc area and i have comcrap right now but i am moving in less than a month. at that time i was planning on switching over to knology and combining my cable/internet/phone bills into one. i noticed in an earlier thread that for a 3-in-1 package there is a $20 discount. but what i want to know is what a typical bill comes out to with multiple services? what are the rental fees for extra digital cable boxes? are you punished for owning your own modem like you are with comcrap? thanks!
--
CSHI: Proof that a narcoleptic chimp with 2 crayons and a firecracker can run a network.

Zrat123
Premium
join:2003-01-26
Montgomery, AL
Here in montgomery al I pay 29.36 for phone and and 60.74
for basic cable plus internet. I get two Bills, I guess it all depends on where you are moving to .

Tom

Zrat123
Premium
join:2003-01-26
Montgomery, AL
reply to insamnia
I do own my own modem and Knology had no problem with this.
Just took the rental in and told them but I did have to call Tech support and give them the serial number on my New Modem.

Tom

SeminoleRob

join:2001-12-19
Panama City, FL
reply to insamnia
I believe its $5 off if you own your own modem. That is whats they told me when I signed up a couple of months ago. A warning, though, for some reason the Knology internet service doesn't like Toshiba modems. Haven't a clue why, though..

insamnia

join:2003-02-26
Charleston, SC
thats strange. either waythough, ive got a cisco modem/router awaiting config. but one thing at a time... what do they normally ship if you rent from them, anyway?
--
CSHI: Proof that a narcoleptic chimp with 2 crayons and a firecracker can run a network.

SeminoleRob

join:2001-12-19
Panama City, FL
said by insamnia:
thats strange. either waythough, ive got a cisco modem/router awaiting config. but one thing at a time... what do they normally ship if you rent from them, anyway?

They are using at least here the new Scientific Atlanta modems, which rock. Good solid piece of hardware.

Cop
Premium
join:2001-09-05
Auburn, AL
Knology is currently sending out Scientific Atlanta and 3com Sharkfins.