spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Tekken4
join:2003-06-18
Burbank, CA

Tekken4

[Help Me] Plz Help Newbie, for Transmit Rate drop to 1mbps

Basically, i running a D-Link DI-614+ with Firmware 2.18 and all the setup in default mode, no encrytion or MAC fliter on. On the Wireless adaptor, i have test two different brand. NetGear Wirless USB adaptor or LinkSys USB compact adaptor on my laptop.

Problem is, when every time run my laptop in back yard bout 70 ft from the D-link DI-614+ and the Tranfer Rate drop. It drop when i tried to open new brower or download a file and the transfer rate drop from 11mbps to 1mbps which took 2 min to open any website even a no graphic website like Google.com.

Before, i used SMC access point. It didn't have that happen. Now, D-link support or any expert, don't you think i miss some setting in D-link Di-614+? Do i need to downgrade the firm ware?

funchords
Hello
MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords

MVM

The DLink sets up in 4x mode by default, which is not compatible with your non-Dlink 802.11 stuff. Turn off 4x mode and set the bit rates at 11 MBs and it will be much more stable.

Robb
Tekken4
Burbank, CA

Tekken4

I have tested it without 4x or without.. And there are not damb different..

Also, just get a D-link DWL-900AP+ and run it as repeater mode for booster and signal is increase to 90%. Still, that rate still slower then my 56k modem. (The rate test when open a yahoo website or download from download.com)
geetek5
join:2003-05-30
Del Rio, TX

geetek5 to Tekken4

to Tekken4
[QUOTE=Tekken4 See Profile]Problem is, when every time run my laptop in back yard bout 70 ft from the D-link DI-614+ and the Tranfer Rate drop. It drop when i tried to open new brower or download a file and the transfer rate drop from 11mbps to 1mbps which took 2 min to open any website even a no graphic website like Google.com.

Tekken, your problem is directly related to signal strength. As you said, it works good when you are near the router. I have noticed the same problem of low speed connections when you are more than 30 or 40 feet from the router. It would help you a lot to put your router outside in a weather-proof box. Connect it to a high-gain omni antenna using a short piece of cable connected to the right hand antenna outlet on your 614+. If you use a 15Db onmi connected like this, you will have full 11 meg speeds out to around 1,000 feet as long as there is nothing between you and the antenna. The 900+ was also slow because it had to connect itself at a slower rate that 11 meg, and then it also divides it's connection speed by 2 when you hook to it with your computer.
Tekken4
Burbank, CA

Tekken4

GEETEK: Well, attack exteral antenna will increase the Signal Strength and Link Quility. That mean, it not increase Transfer Rate.. I plan to download some mp3 download from kazza and it won't be help if those Transfer rate instable. Even throught that 614+ have 17Db antenna mode in setup prog, that won't help.

So, i think i will to back to SMC AP, which they have more strong transfer rate of AP so far.

Now, is any strong AP beside SMC product? What bout LinkSys AP? is any good bout it?