Premium Member
join:2001-03-13
Fort Gibson, OK
Motorola MB7220

cmhbob

Premium Member

No joy for me on those 3 sites as well.

Try »www.workfromthehearth.co ··· Page.asp

I could get to your site fine though, and BBR loaded easily. Interesting to me that almost no matter what other sites I can't get to, BBR comes up fine. Hmph. Maybe they're tying to placate us?

I've been having the trouble for about half an hour, but I chalked it up to recovering from my lightning zap last week.

wmmc7
Premium Member
join:2001-12-13
Washougal, WA

wmmc7

Premium Member

Seems that www.trle.net works now, not the other 2.
Mesmerize0
join:2003-06-22
Centerville, IN

Mesmerize0 to wmmc7

to wmmc7

Re: [SRS] Browser and proxy configuration error...

There's quite a few pages I can't get to at the moment because of a "DNS lookup error". Hmmm.

wmmc7
Premium Member
Washougal, WA

wmmc7 to cmhbob

Premium Member

to cmhbob

Re: Proxy or DNS issue

Well that didn't load.

And my web site loaded fine.
wmmc7

wmmc7 to Mesmerize0

Premium Member

to Mesmerize0

Re: [SRS] Browser and proxy configuration error...

That Re: [SRS] Browser and proxy configuration error... is from another thread, but may as well fit or could go with this.

Edited spelling.
Manga7
join:2003-01-24
Duncanville, TX

Manga7 to wmmc7

to wmmc7

Re: Proxy or DNS issue

I've also noticed the DNS problems tonight; can't get to my webhost's main site, epinions.com, and a few others. Quite irritating.

Manga

wmmc7
Premium Member
Washougal, WA

wmmc7

Premium Member

I keep getting this ( Error 501/505 - Not implemented or not supported ) on any of the web sites listed except mine in my sig.

Rfsjr2
Shop on Top
Premium Member
join:2001-08-11
Ferndale, WA

Rfsjr2 to wmmc7

Premium Member

to wmmc7
Can get everywhere, albeit slowly, with proxy off. Running with proxy on is a crapshoot.

wmmc7
Premium Member
Washougal, WA

wmmc7

Premium Member

I can't with or without proxy, with proxy off I get page can not be displayed.
cmhbob
Did...Did I Do That?
Premium Member
join:2001-03-13
Fort Gibson, OK

cmhbob to wmmc7

Premium Member

to wmmc7
I got into trle as well, but with lots of red x's in the images.

Having troubles moving around in my eBay account as well.

Time for bed. It's working better now than it has for like three days here.

wmmc7
Premium Member
Washougal, WA

wmmc7

Premium Member

Well »www.trle.net/ loads fine still, they always has those red x's there, when I was trying different dialup accounts those images loaded fine till I went back with satellite and they don't show.
rubberduckq
join:2003-03-24
Salvisa, KY

rubberduckq to wmmc7

to wmmc7
Same here DNS lookup error on sites I never have problems getting to, wonder what they're doing now at Direcway?
Manga7
Duncanville, TX

Manga7 to wmmc7

to wmmc7
Even more irritating... My FTP client won't connect anymore because of the DNS errors, and thus tonight's project is completely shut down... Grrrr... And on top of all that, I can't even retrieve my email (non-DWay, my own domain) because the DNS doesn't find my domain.

No FTP, no email, a very mad man does DWay make. Guess I'll see what's on SciFi.

Manga
rlwpub
join:2002-08-27
US

rlwpub

I can get to yahoo and google. That is about all. 99% of the sites are cannot find server or DNS lookup error.

Called Direcway and they claim all systems are working normally and the DNS servers are working fine.

I told them ##&$*(@*@*#$ crap they are! and they hung up on me.

Re's
Rob

wmmc7
Premium Member
Washougal, WA

wmmc7 to Manga7

Premium Member

to Manga7
Now my web site doesn't load, the same here with email from my web site, only site that loads listed here is www.trle.net what is going on, I still considering going back to dialup and this is helping me decide to go back to dialup.
jamesa98
join:2002-09-18
Hudson, WI

jamesa98 to wmmc7

to wmmc7
I'm a newbie here, but I am having problems tonight. I am receiving the following error: HTTP 501/505 Not Implemented. Is this the DNS error you guys are writing about, or is this another error?

Thanks in advance,
James Anderson

wmmc7
Premium Member
Washougal, WA

wmmc7

Premium Member

Yep, same error I'm getting.
Manga7
Duncanville, TX

Manga7 to jamesa98

to jamesa98
You got it James, that's the DNS error of which we speak. The bane of one's DWay existance, it would seem. Among others, lol.

Manga

alphawave7
Mind Riot
Premium Member
join:2002-04-28
Sausalito, CA

alphawave7 to wmmc7

Premium Member

to wmmc7
It's a conspiracy, I say...Yahoo is OK but slow as molasses, and strangely I can use Amazon, but nothing else seems to work regardless of proxy and alternating DNS..I can't even load www.internettrafficreport.com, but I can shop Amazon! LOL
hhuck
I Don't know what to put here
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
Windsor, NY

hhuck to wmmc7

Premium Member

to wmmc7
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one having these problems. At 2AM the problems still exist. Howie

wmmc7
Premium Member
Washougal, WA

wmmc7

Premium Member

Well I think I'm going to quit complaining about this and download a game from here and play since it loads, and may be things will get better tomorrow.
hhuck
I Don't know what to put here
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
Windsor, NY

hhuck to wmmc7

Premium Member

to wmmc7
trle.net, and dsl reports are about the only 2 sites I can get to with the proxy on or off. This direcway is getting to be a real joke of an internet provider!!! Screw it I'm going to bed, I'll mess with it tomorrow. Howie

jknowler
Tazmo
join:2002-02-16
Argyle, TX

jknowler to wmmc7

to wmmc7
Very strange, I can get to »setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu but can NOT get to »folding.stanford.edu The NOC has got something "MESSED UP"! Proxy On/Off does not matter.
maidewercs
join:2002-10-11
Joplin, MO

maidewercs

Same on this end. Only a couple of sites will load.
rlwpub
join:2002-08-27
US

rlwpub

Who here has called and complained? I have. 4 times so far.

It is way to easy to get into tech support now. So apparently hardly anyone is complaining.

Seems they only fix things that have enough complaints.

So let's all pickup the phone and call! Or forever hold your peace.

Re's
Rob

alphawave7
Mind Riot
Premium Member
join:2002-04-28
Sausalito, CA

alphawave7 to wmmc7

Premium Member

to wmmc7
Welp...looks like the coffee/smoke break finally ended..I'm surfing just fine now,and I didn't do a thing. 'Course it is 1:30 am Pacific, and most of the country is asleep!

DW SUCKS
@direcpc.com

DW SUCKS to Manga7

Anon

to Manga7
i'm getting the 501 page cannot be displayed error also

new2it
Premium Member
join:2001-10-06
midwest

new2it to wmmc7

Premium Member

to wmmc7
Ya know, this has become a habit with ie. All I do is reload the program and all is fine again.
Well that gets tiresome, and even though its slower, Netscape gives me no errors at all.
I wonder what the connection is here? I have ie 6 with all patches ect. and netscape 7 and 4.7.
During my search to figure this out, I did find a microsoft case base article about not loading secure sites.
»support.microsoft.com/de ··· s;813444
the article is 813444, for some reason when i preview it cuts off the rest of the link....

EvilByDesire
I Am My Own God
Premium Member
join:2002-09-03
Grotto

EvilByDesire to wmmc7

Premium Member

to wmmc7
all work fine for me, mabey thats becasue i dont use dways dns's, heres my set up...this is on my client machine