Search similar:

uniqs
DrDevil2000
Lou
join:2001-08-15
Glen Head, NY

DrDevil2000

dvd player

Whenever i put in a DVD WinDVD starts up as usual, and it tries to play the DVD, however, when it does my whole system starts slowing down, such as moving the mouse becomes slower and when u see the movie playing, it's all choppy, like the pictures comes and goes comes and goes but it still keeps playing, this hasn't happened before, and it happens with any player I have, even Windows MEdia Player and other DVD players i've downloaded, i dont think it's my hardware since it used to work fine before, my computer specs are AMD Athlon 1Ghz, 384mb of ram, 60gb hd, 32mb nVidia TNT 2 pro card and Win XP
would anyone know how to fix this problem? all help is appreciated thank you
[text was edited by author 2003-06-29 11:30:49]

howie1
Premium Member
join:2003-04-08
Antarctica

howie1

Premium Member

Check to see if hardware acceleration is enabled. If it is, try unchecking the box. If it is not, try checking it. Sometimes this setting can cause the issue you've described. Also, any programs running in the background can cause choppiness as DVD playback is very CPU intensive.

[text was edited by author 2003-06-29 11:41:19]
DrDevil2000
Lou
Glen Head, NY

DrDevil2000

I have tried it with hardware acceleration both enabled and disabled and places in between, but to no avail. I also disabled nearly every single program that i could in the background except GoBack which i can't. =\

auggy
Mod
join:2001-12-24
Brockville, ON

auggy to DrDevil2000

Mod

to DrDevil2000
One thing you can look at is that DMA transfer is enabled for your DVD-ROM.

The following MS explains how XP will "turn off" DMA for a drive, after repeated errors, and also how to enable DMA:

»www.microsoft.com/whdc/h ··· DMA.mspx
DrDevil2000
Lou
Glen Head, NY

DrDevil2000

i turned it on and off, the movie picture just keeps flickering as it did before, everything else is ok xcept the lil slughisness but the picture keeps flickering
DrDevil2000

DrDevil2000

could it have anything to do with the dvd decoder?

auggy
Mod
join:2001-12-24
Brockville, ON

auggy to DrDevil2000

Mod

to DrDevil2000
Which DVD decoder are you using?

Have you made any changes to your system since your player was working properly that may have contributed to the problem, such as updating your graphics driver, or changing DVD decoder software or version?

mau108
Mau
Premium Member
join:2001-10-07
Thornhill, ON

mau108 to DrDevil2000

Premium Member

to DrDevil2000
try powerdvd
thats what i use on my P4 2.0 and my PII 376 and both work smooooooooooth

playing dvds, svcds, vcds anything!

whats isy our system specs? and also can you take a screen shot of what applicatinos are running in the background
DrDevil2000
Lou
Glen Head, NY

DrDevil2000

POWERDVD NICEE!!! it works! i donno i put that in and everything is just delishious...hhehe, thanks alot for ur help guyz!