spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JvilleSlapnu
join:2001-06-30
Jacksonville, AL

JvilleSlapnu

Uninstall of AOL 8.0

I am going to be uninstallin AOL (dialup) for a friend of mine and reinstalling it from a disk that he got in the mail. He has had his Aol Radio stop working on him and wants me to give him a fresh copy of AOL. Is there anyhting i need to be aware of when uninstalling 8.0. Do i need to back anything up so they wont lose there favorites or email address's. Any help would be great..

Thanks in advance

Metal Head
Premium Member
join:2001-02-15
Escondido, CA
ARRIS SB6141
D-Link DIR-655 Rev. C

Metal Head

Premium Member

The favorites are stored on AOL's server so he wont need to save those, but if wants to save everything in his filing cabnit you need to save the organize folder. Go it the AOL directory and find the organize folder and copy it to the desktop before you uninstall AOL. Then after he reinstalls AOL have him sign on to AOL just to brand it, then sign off. Now go back into the AOL directory and delete the organize folder and replace it with the folder that you saved from the old version and he will have all saved mail.

ChrisJT
Premium Member
join:2001-12-20
Torrance, CA

ChrisJT to JvilleSlapnu

Premium Member

to JvilleSlapnu
I agree with DSL Freak.

The main folders to save are your filing cabinet folders which contains your saved mail and downloads, unless you've moved them elsewhere.