spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TecDave18
join:2002-08-14
Edison, NJ

TecDave18

Radeon 9700 AIW Pro Help Needed!

I've had the card for about a month now and when I try to watch TV on the PC or PC on the TV I'm getting some interference. I tried watching a DVD today from my PC using S-Video out and if the image on screen is dark enough you can easily make out these cloudy white horizontal rolling lines. I plugged in the yellow video cable and tried checking the quality that way and VOILA! the cloudy rolling lines are gone and the interference is down to a minimum. I switch back to S-video on my TV and notice the quality is the same as the video wire, I unplug the video wire from my TV and back the lines come. I plug it back in and try disconnection the S-video and checking it with only the video wire connected, same thing.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I already have enough wires spread out across my room and having another wire which really shouldn't be needed to improve quality of an S-video connection is an annoyance. Any suggestions?

canadaisp
join:2003-07-20
Canada

canadaisp

This happens when your connection cord has a bad connection.
The cord is broken, get a new one.:)
TecDave18
join:2002-08-14
Edison, NJ

TecDave18

I've tried multiple sets of wires. Two different S-Video connections and two different composite wires, same thing. I'm going to try another S-Video wire out now.