uniqs

Resurgere
Better Than A Sharp Stick In The Eye
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Montgomery, AL

Resurgere

Premium Member

a known good URL doesn't show up on knology...

I have a web site (www.resurgere.org) which I can't view from my computer at home, which runs on Knology. I CAN view it:

-- using Knology, if I use my web host's "direct URL" (ex.: hostingcompany.com/~accountname/yoursite/whatever/

-- using my domain name, if I'm at work, using a different broadband vendor.

It seems intermittent, but more down than up, over the last two days. I'm still getting hits at the site, but at a reduced rate.

Two questions:

-- if you're reading this message, please try the site - www.resurgere.org/blog/. Can you get the site (of course, if you're in this forum, there's a good chance you're on knology)?

-- Is there a DNS expert in the house? Knology in my area went down completely for an hour or so Monday. The problems started then. I'm visualizing something like a DNS table getting trashed and someone switching to an old backup until they can get around to refreshing it, but I have no idea if it works that way at all. My domain's about a month old. Is it Knology's issue, or my host's, or possibly both or neither?

Zrat123
Premium Member
join:2003-01-26
Montgomery, AL

Zrat123

Premium Member

I had no problems getting to the Webb Site Myself. Monday was a Drag for Knology , Dont know why.
bfrye
join:2002-03-12
West Point, GA

bfrye

The virus caused some problems.

Cop
Premium Member
join:2001-09-05
Auburn, AL

Cop

Premium Member

Yes, The new worm out has affected some of Knology's servers but everything should be back to normal soon.

Resurgere
Better Than A Sharp Stick In The Eye
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Montgomery, AL

Resurgere

Premium Member

I've had more problems across the board with this virus/worm than with anything I've ever run into before. I know several people who've gotten it, and both my home and work ISPs (two different companies) have had problems, along with the hosting company that does our commercial web sites. Aargh. Be glad when it runs its course.