Got Identity?
Premium Member
join:2003-05-24
Corona, CA

oliphant5 to hqh510

Premium Member

to hqh510

Complete American Express Crap

They don't tell you the limit so WTF are you supposed to do? It's like American Express...yeah, we have no preset spending limits...so can you buy a Ferrari...well no. There somewhere in there is a preset spending limit. Same with this Comcast B.S.

BTW, not that I care about the "web hogging" but why 5 streaming stations...all at the same time?

iBLoStBoY
join:2002-11-29
Carson, CA

iBLoStBoY

What i don't get is that Comcast says they don't monitor individual's download and internet traffic - so how can they single you out? -

hqh510
join:2001-03-24
Manassas, VA

hqh510 to oliphant5

to oliphant5
I stream 5 of them because they are all different genre with different artists and songs. If they were the same, I would only stream 1. There's a nice selection at »www.di.fm
said by oliphant5:
They don't tell you the limit so WTF are you supposed to do? It's like American Express...yeah, we have no preset spending limits...so can you buy a Ferrari...well no. There somewhere in there is a preset spending limit. Same with this Comcast B.S.

BTW, not that I care about the "web hogging" but why 5 streaming stations...all at the same time?
mattwz
Premium Member
join:2003-07-23
Berwyn, IL

mattwz

Premium Member

said by hqh510:
I stream 5 of them because they are all different genre with different artists and songs. If they were the same, I would only stream 1. There's a nice selection at »www.di.fm
said by oliphant5:

That site seems to be down.

JTRockville
Data Ho
Premium Member
join:2002-01-28
Rockville, MD

JTRockville

Premium Member

I *think* that site is in New York.

oliphant5
Got Identity?
Premium Member
join:2003-05-24
Corona, CA

oliphant5 to hqh510

Premium Member

to hqh510
said by hqh510:
said by oliphant5:

Yeah but you don't stream 1 at at time, changing channels just having a short buffering in between?

hqh510
Manassas, VA

hqh510 to mattwz

to mattwz
That's because the physical location of the webserver is located in New York, where a massive power outage hit. So that's why the site is temporary inaccessible.
said by mattwz:
said by hqh510:
...There's a nice selection at »www.di.fm...
That site seems to be down.
hqh510

hqh510 to oliphant5

to oliphant5
I actually capture the streams onto my computer so that I can listen to it at a later time. I don't listen to the streams in real time, as listening to 5 different songs at one time won't be enjoyable would it?

By the way, I use StreamRipper32. »streamripper.sourceforge ··· et/sr32/
said by oliphant5:
Yeah but you don't stream 1 at at time, changing channels just having a short buffering in between?

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday
join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA
552.8 23.8

joetaxpayer to hqh510

to hqh510
said by hqh510:

HQ- If you captured 5 streams 24x7 for a month, you'd have 7.5 months worth of listening, at 16hrs per day. Not to mention when you'd have time to edit/burn all this. I don't care about the bandwidth, I'm just curious where you were heading with all these hours of audio. And, absent the letter, how long would you have streamed 5 streams before you have enough audio to last you till were old and gray.
JOE

hqh510
Manassas, VA

hqh510

Let me start to clear some stuff up before you people be thinking weird things or unusual things or whatever that doesn't make sense. Hehehehe.

Here goes for this one: You know how radio would play certain amount of new songs and then that's it right? There's no such thing as new unlimited new songs for just one genre at one moment or period. So, my point is the radio channel, or station if you will, will repeat the contents over and over, while adding new contents time after time.

Just turn on your car/home radio and listen to it. Listen to it 24x7 if you will. If you noticed, you won't have 24x7x3 min avg. new songs. More like you'll have certain new songs you've never heard of and listen to it. And then most of it, there will be songs you've already heard it so many times.

From time to time, I would run a filter (basic DOS batch file to delete files) and it would delete the songs I've heard of before. So what's left is new songs I've never heard of. Thus, I listen to those instead. After that, I add the new songs that I've listened to into the filter and the process repeats itself - delete and download new songs for me to hear and delete them once again...
said by joetaxpayer:
HQ- If you captured 5 streams 24x7 for a month, you'd have 7.5 months worth of listening, at 16hrs per day. Not to mention when you'd have time to edit/burn all this. I don't care about the bandwidth, I'm just curious where you were heading with all these hours of audio. And, absent the letter, how long would you have streamed 5 streams before you have enough audio to last you till were old and gray.
JOE
stang03283
join:2003-08-16
Camden, NJ

stang03283 to hqh510

to hqh510
they have you upload and download bandwith capped so even if you stream 50 internet radio stations and get crap sound. you can use anymore then what you are paying for so how can anyone call you a bandwith hog