uniqs

KeysCapt

join:2001-07-11
Carson City, NV

2 recommendations

KeysCapt to acehyde

to acehyde

Re: Something new on the horizon?

Folks, you can tell just by reading through this thread that it's a dynamic process. If you think about it, the alternative would be to shut the site down, play around with the changes, then open it up when you're satisfied.

The man is trying to make some improvements, but it's sometimes a trial and error type thing. He's already implemented some of your suggestions in this thread ... give him a little time.

Quite often making a change here affects three things over there. It will get all sorted out, and in the end, we'll all just have to take a little time to get used to things, just like we did when we first came to the site. You may not see the need for change, but it may be due to something that isn't obvious to all of us, or just plain improvement.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

1 recommendation

fatness

said by KeysCapt:
The man is trying to make some improvements, but it's sometimes a trial and error type thing. He's already implemented some of your suggestions in this thread ... give him a little time.
And also some changes suggested within the last month or 2 in this forum as well, I believe.

And you're right, it's like trying to knock over just 1 or 2 dominoes in a room full of dominoes. Some others are going to unintentionally fall, get rearranged, etc. until a resting place is achieved.

Then requests for new features will appear in this forum again, and some will be made, and uproar will occur again.

Flagger
Premium Member
join:2001-08-10
Weimville

Flagger

Premium Member

It looks like view 1 and view two show the same things except view 1 only shows the forums that you have selected as your favourites instead of the all forums view.

I would prefer it defaulting to all forums view when clicking on the red envelope, but I like that the icons are on all pages now including the IM screen.

TheOtherRay
Comfortably Numb
MVM,
join:2001-12-02
Denver, CO
Netgear CM1000
Asus RT-AC88

3 recommendations

TheOtherRay to KeysCapt

MVM,

to KeysCapt
I have learned to treat this entire site like a work in progress...things are going to change, always. However, some are more able to go with the flow on these improvements than others. I don't think it is out of line to ask for a quick overview of what changes are coming or have been made. I flowed pretty quickly with most of the new changes today, but I was totally thrown by not having the "toolbar" on top. I never clicked on the icons before (except IM), so I wasn't sure where my favorite forums went until I played around. A news item on the front page would have done the trick.

Maybe that's part of the fun of this site...poking around and discovering what's new. Some people enjoy doing that, while others can get frustrated, not by the changes per se, but by having to discover what happened.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

1 recommendation

jaykaykay

MVM

I have been poking all afternoon and setting things up differently than I had before. i will now use the Favorites differently than I had, so that's all changed for me as well as lots of other things that I would normally do. I agree that this is a place that is in progress, and I guess that I am progressing right along with the site. i still don't like the way it is at the moment, but I will go with the flow and get used to it. After all... where can one find a better place to hang one's hat?

fire100_old
Premium Member
join:2002-08-09
Michigan

fire100_old

Premium Member

Now if the Text Edited could be changed to small letters we would really be rocking

KeysCapt

Carson City, NV

KeysCapt to TheOtherRay

to TheOtherRay
said by TheOtherRay:
I have learned to treat this entire site like a work in progress

some are more able to go with the flow on these improvements than others.

I don't think it is out of line to ask for a quick overview of what changes are coming or have been made.
... and that's what it is - a work in progress. And you're right, it's obvious that some roll with it, and some don't. But as far as asking for a quick overview, good luck! But there will come a time when everything just sort of looks done, works right, and all the tools are somewhere. Then we'll know. (I think.)

Hey, I have to try to keep up with the changes for the FAQs. You think that's easy?

Flagger
Premium Member
join:2001-08-10
Weimville

Flagger

Premium Member

Could you imagine the panic if the site just shut down while he implemented the changes?

Cop
Premium Member
join:2001-09-05
Auburn, AL

Cop

Premium Member

said by Flagger:
Could you imagine the panic if the site just shut down while he implemented the changes?
I panic even if I get a "page cannot be displayed" every so often!

TheOtherRay
Comfortably Numb
MVM,
join:2001-12-02
Denver, CO
Netgear CM1000
Asus RT-AC88

TheOtherRay to KeysCapt

MVM,

to KeysCapt
said by KeysCapt:
But as far as asking for a quick overview, good luck!
Minor stuff, no, I don't think it's needed. A major facelift, where key things like site navigation change, I think it would help to address the complaints that nil See Profile is complaining about .
quote:
Hey, I have to try to keep up with the changes for the FAQs. You think that's easy?
How 'bout a new FAQ:
Q. Can I find out what new changes have been implemented on the site?
A. Eventually.

KeysCapt

Carson City, NV

4 recommendations

KeysCapt

Careful what you ask for.

»Site FAQ »How do I find out about changes to the site?