DeeC
Premium Member
join:2000-09-01
the world

DeeC to 2kmaro

Premium Member

to 2kmaro

Re: Discussion of the MVM program

Both Carrie and oWn3d make valid points - Someone should look into them.

Personally, I believe the MVM tag should be awarded based on a consensus of the forum users (for which the MVM tag is being given) & Mods/Other MVMs. Yes, it is too late to change the process for those already rewarded, but someone should consider evolving the process to include "user" input. For some reason, if our feedback is even allowed (w/o being deleted or locked), it still falls on deaf ears.......

At this point, I'm really beginning to see a separation growing between regular users (of which many are just as helpful as MVMs often times), and the "official" MVMs. I think this distance will continue to grow as long as users have absolutely 'no' participation in the process.

Again, all JMHO.......and as you may notice, not a flame, just constructive feedback, ontopic, as I always try to be (before a troll comes in), lol

EDIT: Typo(s).

[text was edited by author 2003-09-07 23:05:15]

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

removed

Premium Member

said by DeeC:
Personally, I believe the MVM tag should be awarded based on a consensus of the forum users (for which the MVM tag is being given) & Mods/Other MVMs. Yes, it is too late to change the process for those already rewarded, but someone should consider evolving the process to include "user" input. For some reason, if our feedback is even allowed (w/o being deleted or locked), it still falls on deaf ears.......
I agree. Why should mods have to decide who's helpful and who isn't? I'm sure some of them get help every once in a while, but it's the regular (with that I mean non-mod) users that actually 'value' the members.

It should be a way of having USERS say "thanks", NOT the site moderators.