All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned) to Inflex

to Inflex

Re: Comcast and WOW Almost the Same Price?

said by Inflex:
Is Comcrap offering 3mps to your area now?

No?

Then you have to compare to Pro. You can't compare what WOW gives you now to what Comcrap may give you in the future.

Edit:grammar
[text was edited by author 2003-09-09 17:21:48]

Actually, no, I don't have to compare Ultra to Pro.

By the time my contract expires and my rates increase by $5.00 next year and become the same as Comcast's (barring any price increase by them) and Comcasts speeds are increased everywhere, then I will be comparing very similar services. As long as Comcast doesn't raise prices of course.

Everything else being the same, for the $5.00 less and faster uploads and extra News, it's likely worthwhile staying. But, if Comcast has other features more compelling to me, I may switch. At the price differential, WOW definitely does not have a lock on me like they used to.

wowwoww
@wideopenwest.com

wowwoww

Anon

Do you honestly think that comcrap is going to offer the 3meg speed with no price increase?? You MUST be dreaming if you think the price will stay the same.

imrf
Premium Member
join:2002-06-06
Utica, MI

imrf to 67845017

Premium Member

to 67845017
before you jump ship next year, you may want to watch this situation in Comcastland, »High Pings in Chicago . Looks like they have not fixed anything over in IL for a while now.
Dartpro
join:2002-10-25
Westland, MI

Dartpro

If you were a mediaone subscriber when Comcast took over (new years day) and remember the weeks, uh months without service or very poor service and the the oh so knowledgable tech (lack of) support and the customer service support that you could talk to after a three hour wait on hold and the flawed cd loaded with spyware they wanted you to install, then not install, the caps, no newsgroups and... I could go on. I would happily pay an extra $5 - 10 a month to stay with WOW for all the above reasons. I have had very minor problems with WOW and when I did, thier customer service and support was great, unlike the money hungry morons at Comcast.

That felt good.

Phoenix2088
join:2002-12-04
Strongsville, OH

Phoenix2088 to 67845017

to 67845017
67845017 See Profile is just stating that when or if Comcast upgrades their home service that WOW Ultra may have a run for their money for current Comcast customers. This is completely his opinion but I find it unneeded that many people in this forum are so quick to pounce on what he is saying.

imrf
Premium Member
join:2002-06-06
Utica, MI

imrf

Premium Member

I agree. It would interesting to see what WOW will do with their speeds. Currently I could switch back to Comcast using their current rates the service would be cheaper. Comcast has a $79.99 deal for most of SE MI that includes Digital cable w/Encore(no Starz) 2 premium stations and internet service. It makes it very tempting to switch back, although Comcast in my area had a lot of problems when I first switched to WOW, but I think that most have been fixed. All the extra services Comcast offers in my area (VOD, VoIP, and HDTV) make it even more tempting. But I will wait and see what WOWs answer is going to be to Comcasts faster silver tier.
67845017 (banned)
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned) to Dartpro

to Dartpro
said by Dartpro:
If you were a mediaone subscriber when Comcast took over (new years day) and remember the weeks, uh months without service or very poor service and the the oh so knowledgable tech (lack of) support and the customer service support that you could talk to after a three hour wait on hold and the flawed cd loaded with spyware they wanted you to install, then not install, the caps, no newsgroups and... I could go on. I would happily pay an extra $5 - 10 a month to stay with WOW for all the above reasons. I have had very minor problems with WOW and when I did, thier customer service and support was great, unlike the money hungry morons at Comcast.

That felt good.
In Naperville, the system was Jones, then ATT then Comcast. And, unil WOW came, there was no cable modem internet service.

Most of what I'm basing my comments on is that Comcast seems to be making promises and actually coming through on them, notwithstanding the ping problem in Chicago.

I mean my whole point in starting this thread was to say that WOW isn't monetarily quite the deal that it at one time was. It's still competitive and the CS is probably much better. But, it isn't as compelling.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska to imrf

Premium Member

to imrf
My parts of chicagoland have yet to be effected by high pings or slow speeds. I am just on the border of downers grove and westmont. (off of fairview, incase you knew the area). Not everybody is having issues yet. I would kill for wow, but with comcast increasing the download speed, i can live with it.

Inflex
join:2002-09-05

Inflex to 67845017

to 67845017
The error you're making is assuming that Comcrap said they were going to 3mbs.

The quotes were made by a Comcrap executive at a conference - not to subscribers, but to other cable industry people. He also said "probably".

Until you are personally informed, don't assume the Comcrap is doing anything.

I sure that if and when they do change speeds, WOW will come right back. Most likely increasing everybody to Ultra with no price increase.
67845017 (banned)
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

said by Inflex:
The error you're making is assuming that Comcrap said they were going to 3mbs.

The quotes were made by a Comcrap executive at a conference - not to subscribers, but to other cable industry people. He also said "probably".

Until you are personally informed, don't assume the Comcrap is doing anything.

I sure that if and when they do change speeds, WOW will come right back. Most likely increasing everybody to Ultra with no price increase.
There are at least a couple on the Comcast boards here that can testify to the higher caps.