Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

2 recommendations

rolande to nozero

MVM,

to nozero

Re: Take The Cisco Challenge...

Since I finally passed the written CCIE exam, I'll actually have some time to work on a little FAQ for the ADSL WIC module on the 2620XM. I also got my DSL service working today with that hardware, so I can add a few debugging tidbits to the existing FAQs on that topic.

nozero
Eschew Obfuscation
MVM,
join:1999-12-29
InnerSanctum

nozero

MVM,

Congratulations to you on passing your (written) CCIE! Outstanding!
[text was edited by author 2003-10-30 22:22:58]

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 recommendation

Sunny to rolande

to rolande
said by rolande:
Since I finally passed the written CCIE exam,
Outstanding, rolande! May I touch the hem of your garment??? Wow!

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande

MVM,

HaHa You're killing me over here. Seriously, though, you can bow down before me once I pass the lab exam.

Honestly the written exam has gotten much harder in terms of solving troubleshooting scenarios, but it is still just a weed out exam to keep people from even getting to the lab exam. Most people, myself included, just eek by on the written. The questions get so in depth on so many topics that it is nearly impossible to have a good enough handle on all of it to guarantee a passing score. I compare it to a bad college math exam. They throw the strangest problem scenarios at you with the pressure of a limited amount of time. The worst ones have multiple exhibits of config and diagrams that you can't look at on the screen simultaneously. So, you have to read the question thoroughly and then switch between the windows and look through each of the exhibits and then go back and re-read the question to remember what they are asking for.

I work with a few CCIE's right now, who are studying for the written exam to recertify this coming year and they are all overwhelmed at the task. It is a crapload of reading to cover. I should take a picture and post it of my bookshelves at home that have my wide variety of CiscoPress unabridged volumes on them. They completely covered my dining room table up until the other night along with of my printed PDF whitepapers etc. I think I am up around 18 of those bad boys weighting it down so far and yes I have read the majority of each of them out of necessity! I have a couple more that I need to acquire for the lab preparation, too. CCIE Practical Studies Vol II is out very soon.

Ah well, it is a never ending process. There will always be something more to read and learn I have at least 6 months of solid lab prep work ahead of me....*sigh*

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny

You have to love it to keep up with it, I'm sure. No need for the pictures on my part. I think I can look around at my bookshelves full of NT books (from 3.5 to present) to get the picture quite well.

I am sure it is a never-ending work in progress which leaves room for little else in life. You keep at it until you decide enough is enough, let the younger ones keep up with this stuff.

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

1 recommendation

rolande

MVM,

As long as I am doing this professionally, I will keep up with it as much as possible. Obviously, if I move into more of a management role later on that may change. But, once an engineer...always an engineer. I get too much enjoyment out of figuring out and understanding all of the technologies I have had to work with. I don't think I could ever give that up. It is innate.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny

In my own areas, I can relate to that. I don't think I can ever completely give it up. However, I have reached a point where I am ready to sloooow down.

Covenant
MVM
join:2003-07-01
England

Covenant to rolande

MVM

to rolande
Congratulations on your written CCIE exam pass rolande See Profile. You are halfway to becoming a fully fledged CCIE with its accompanying benefits, i.e more $$$$!

Good luck for your revision.

ccie8122
join:2003-11-20
Bountiful, UT

ccie8122 to rolande

to rolande
WAY TO GO ROLANDE!!!!!!!!!!

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande

MVM,

Now I just need to get my butt in gear and start cranking on my lab scenarios. I have had just over a month break from studying. I got my study rack 98% completed. The terminal server is configured. All the routers are running 12.2(16) Enterprise Plus. I also just got my frame cloud almost completely configured today. So I am on the verge of becoming one with the CCIE, finally.