Search similar:

uniqs

Gorgo
@dsl.snfc21.pacbell.n

Gorgo

Anon

Trouble with MSN Messenger, please help

Hello,

I'm not sure this is the right forum, but hey, this is the router I have so I might as well give it a shot

Description of my home environment: DSL (pacbell, no static IPs) behind a Linksys (BEFSR41, 1.37 from the box, no flashing, IP 100), 3 PCs (IP 10, 11, 12) connected on ports 1, 2 and 3 of the router. All normal apps (browser, news, etc.) work perfectly on all machines, and so do more unique apps per PCs (web server, ftp server, telnet server on PC 10, ICQ and Napster on 11, games (Quake3, EQ, ...) on PC 12), EXCEPT that MSN Messenger doesn't want to connect from PC 11 or PC 10 (didn't try from PC 12).

The IP forwarding is set as:
21 - 23 -> PC 10
80 - 80 -> PC 10

and PC 11 used to have
6891 - 6901 -> PC 11
1863 -> PC 11
5190 -> PC 11

for MSN Messenger (and more for ICQ and Napster), but it didn't work. So I went in, and started removing ALL the other forwarding to try and fix MSN, but it didn't help.

So, finally, I put PC 11 in DMZ (my forwarding table is now ONLY the 21-23 and 80 on PC 10, but I tried even without these), and MSN Messenger *still* doesn't work

Help!!!

Mushmouth
@dsl.snfc21.pacbell.n

Mushmouth

Anon

I am also having a problem with IM from pacbell dsl, however, I am having the problem with or without linksys involvled it may be a pacbell issue.

Gorgo
@dsl.snfc21.pacbell.n

Gorgo to Gorgo

Anon

to Gorgo
Doh, I forgot a little info that could be useful:

-All 3 PCs run Windows 2000, Office 2000 and IE 5. All are fresh installs from scratch (full disk reformats and reinstall on 10 and 11, and 12 is a brand new PC) less than 15 days ago.
-Napster is the latest version available from MSN's web site.
Gorgo

Gorgo

Anon

I meant:

MSN Messenger is the latest version available from MSN's web site, not Napster.

*slaps self*