spc
Search similar:

uniqs

SprkFade
@attbi.com

SprkFade

Anon

Dl-604 Firmware 2.20 Reset Problems **Solution**

I know this has already been posted but someone should Pin or Sticky this as it will help many users.

**What you need**
Toothpick
Older Firmware version
(2.18 from www.dlink.com will work fine)

In order to downgrade your firmware after you've upgraded to the dreaded 2.20 set your IP to 192.168.0.100. Disconnect all other devices other then the computer you are going to be doing the upgrade from. After doing that use a toothpick to reset the router. Hold this for about 5 sec or more. While resetting unplug the power to the router, all while still holding reset and plug it back in. Take out the toothpick. Open a browser window and goto 192.168.0.1 and hit enter. You should be prompted with a screen that says upgrade firmware or something of the like. Browse to an older version of firmware (I used 2.18 since it's stable) and hit upgrade or whatever button to go. After that the router resets and you should be all good to go! Special thanks to whomever posted the original post. All the credit goes to him.

-Jameson
zhcmax
join:2003-09-18
sweden

zhcmax

thank u sprkfade^_^
do u know if the solution available with European version?
dbuske
join:2002-12-02
Westby, WI

dbuske to SprkFade

to SprkFade
After this You will need to set up the router again. That means putting in your addresses again and configure the router.

CharlieMay
join:2002-04-11
Albany, IN

CharlieMay

Re: Dl-604 Firmware 2.20 Reset Problems **Solution

Just print each page prior to doing the downgrade and it will be a whole lot easier
Fozeiro
join:2003-10-05

Fozeiro to SprkFade

to SprkFade

Re: Dl-604 Firmware 2.20 Reset Problems **Solution**

Where i can find versions firmware European to make downgrade???? i have the 1.81 version firmware but the 1.81 have problems and i don´t have any version then 1.81 .
When i install the 1.81 European version in my DI-604 some options disappear like FIREWALL etc etc.
WHERE I CAN FIND MORE VERSIONS FOR EUROPEAN VERSION FOR MY DI-604???

Please help me. thanks.
Sorry my English.
P O R T U G A L
dbuske
join:2002-12-02
Westby, WI

dbuske

Also remember if your web gui gets corrupted just unhook the wan cable from the router. This allows access to the gui. After configuring the router, plug it back in. This is from us users, D-link never gave a solution eventhough I told them the solution.
JerryAtric
join:2003-08-30
Sweden

JerryAtric to Fozeiro

to Fozeiro
Fozerio:

The Firewall option do not disappear, it just sits in an other place. You just have to select another radio button, they have moved all blocking to the same page. MAC blocking, IP blocking, blocking by name and so on.

Keep looking and you will find it. This is as you wrote the international version and may not apply to the US version.

PiEm-14B
@62.68.x.x

PiEm-14B to Fozeiro

Anon

to Fozeiro
1. »support.dlink.com/
2. Select DI
3. Select 604
4. Press GO
5. Select Model
PiEm-14B

PiEm-14B to CharlieMay

Anon

to CharlieMay

1. »www.dlink-intl.com/
2. Select Technical Support
3. Select Drivers & Updates
4. Select Broadband or Internet Gateways
5. Select Firmware

CSegovia
@terra.cl

CSegovia to SprkFade

Anon

to SprkFade

Re: Dl-604 Firmware 2.20 Reset Problems **Solution**

Hi,
I have a DI-604 HW:D1 and FW:3.00
Maybe you can obtain a new firmware
allyn
join:2000-10-10
Escondido, CA

allyn

my reset problems went away when i upgraded my di-604 rev C1 from one of the earlier 2.20 releases to the 20 Aug 2003 version.
komal
join:2003-02-16

komal

2 things.
1. This is for the old 2.20
2. Everybody found out when we first had this problem, months ago.